Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to ask on here before I called Tesla to get a better understanding of the lease pricing. So it is 3k down and then an additional 4k due at signing for a Total of 7k? That seems very high considering the lease payment is still $550. What is Tesla using as a residual value and their money factor? Assuming a residual value of 50% on a 42k Model 3 SR+ and a down payment of 10k (including the bank/Tesla keeping the $3750 federal tax credit for themselves) I would think that the base lease price not including the money factor and tax/title/registration should start at just under $300 a month before factoring in those other amounts. I'm just trying to figure out how they are coming up with a $550 payment.

Breaking Down Tesla's New $399/Month Model 3 (In-Depth Analysis)
This website says the Residual is 58%+Tax Credit, so the credit is already included in leasing agreement. I bought the M3 in June 2019 and should have $3750 TC factored in. Now in July, TC is halved, I went to Tesla website to check the price again to see how much more I would be paying. To my surprise, not a penny more or less. Was the TC really there?

Either it was and Tesla is taking the hit or it wasnt and the residual estimates are wrong

I wanted to ask on here before I called Tesla to get a better understanding of the lease pricing. So it is 3k down and then an additional 4k due at signing for a Total of 7k? That seems very high considering the lease payment is still $550. What is Tesla using as a residual value and their money factor? Assuming a residual value of 50% on a 42k Model 3 SR+ and a down payment of 10k (including the bank/Tesla keeping the $3750 federal tax credit for themselves) I would think that the base lease price not including the money factor and tax/title/registration should start at just under $300 a month before factoring in those other amounts. I'm just trying to figure out how they are coming up with a $550 payment.

Tesla leases look to be a terrible option
I suspect they are aiming them towards businesses not individuals (or individuals buying 1 as a business expense)
There are business tax reasons to lease and business are less likely to complain about a high payment comparatively.
Reminds me of the high cost to buy business class airline tickets.