Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving Model 3 for 3 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note if you use an Apple device (maybe Android too - no idea), you do NOT need to open the app to check on your vehicle range - use the widget for the Tesla App! It will show you 1) the miles, and 2) when the miles was last updated, and it will not wake up the vehicle. I believe it updates whenever the car wakes up on its own, so it's kind of like using those as "free" checks.
Not for me. it shows last updated "more than a day ago" and I've driven the car for about a hour today.

Turn off Sentry Mode, Overheat protection (though it's probably going to be around freezing temps in NY so I don't think this would matter), don't periodically wake your car up by opening your Tesla App, and assuming you don't have a garage, would it be possible to run an extension cord to a 120V outlet as suggested above?

Also, turn off Summon as I understand that Smart Summon can use extra energy while the car is not in use. Tesla is hopefully working on an update for that.