Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left leg cold on driver side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I tried searching this forum for similar issue but couldn't find (my search skills are pretty bad...)

So I just picked up my X last Friday. Amazing car, delivery was good and no noticeable issue except the driver side mirror not folding, a ranger will take care of this.

Here in Montreal, we are already under light snow and with subzero temperatures. Right now it is not too crazy, -5°C or so. But I have noticed that even with the inside temps set to something like +21°C I have the outside part of my left leg really cold. When I place my hand near the door, I can feel a breeze. Is this something normal with the X? (which IMHO is not normal for a car of that range, for any car actually. I got some crappy car in the past, also my previous one, a Honda CRV, didn't had any issue like this)

So maybe there is something off with the door seal or general insulation? Was wondering if anyone have noticed something similar? I haven't noticed if the passenger side do the same as so far I have driven the car alone. I'll report back if I find something.

Thanks!

What are your other settings on the HVAC? Cold feet have been a common complaint in the past because of how the vent under the dash distributes air. Try having the HVAC set to feet only (still sends enough air to the windshield to keep it clear), fan at 3 or 4, air recirc off, AC off. Adjust as needed. Close any dash vents you’re not using.

Reactions: Bogobec
I have the outside part of my left leg really cold. When I place my hand near the door, I can feel a breeze.
I've had the same issue with my X. Took it into the service center last winter and was told this was normal and that the breeze I was feeling was at an "acceptable level". I've complained about it a few times but its never been resolved for me.

The breeze I've found in my car is near the B pillar on the bottom of the window seal. That air movement gets my left arm/side cold all winter long. As for the leg I can never find a breeze near the bottom of the door, but my left leg is always cold. My wife sits in the passenger side and has never once complained about her legs being cold on her side, however when she has driven the X on her own she has complained about the exact same breeze and cold left side that I get.

• Informative
I've had the same issue with my X. Took it into the service center last winter and was told this was normal and that the breeze I was feeling was at an "acceptable level". I've complained about it a few times but its never been resolved for me.

The breeze I've found in my car is near the B pillar on the bottom of the window seal. That air movement gets my left arm/side cold all winter long. As for the leg I can never find a breeze near the bottom of the door, but my left leg is always cold. My wife sits in the passenger side and has never once complained about her legs being cold on her side, however when she has driven the X on her own she has complained about the exact same breeze and cold left side that I get.
Seems really similar as what I'm experiencing. It is not that bothering for me, I'm used to cold legs. I mostly commute by bicycle, even in winter here. Always wearing jeans even at -30°C :p
My wife have not driven the X yet but I know that this is going to be a deal breaker for her. I need to find a way to patch this :(

I have the same issue going on with my Model S. I took it in because the ambient light was out on the drivers side door. They fixed the light but forgot to put the piece back by the door handle where a lot of cold air was coming in while driving. I hope that's the problem, because it was very noticeable.

Attachments

• IMG_0901.jpeg
    IMG_0901.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Informative