Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side FWD only opens partially

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

amolpali

Oct 12, 2023
UK
My brand new Tesla model x (2023 model) has this random issue of driver side FWD not opening fully quite occasionally. Tesla has tried to fix it 3 times and say it is fixed while it made no difference(They did change sensor and some other part). It is getting really frustrating as Tesla seems not fix it and just says it is normal behaviour. I park in open space where there is nothing on any side at least for 10 feet. It happens even when there is no sun and all cameras are clean. I don't know what to do. My parkins space is just very tiny slope but it does happen even on flat surface. The car which was supposed to make me stand out of the crowd does the job but for wrong reason as people notice the door is not opening fully and I have to override. I tried to reset it with no luck. Tesla won't even take vehicle back considering i reported it within first 3 weeks and even after 3 months they were unable to fix it. ANy suggestions as I lost trust on them really.

@amolpali, when the doors don’t fully open and you over-write it to fully open, there is usually a message pop up on the main screen asking if you want to always fully open at this location? Are you getting that message? If so, have you hit yes, yet still not getting it to fully open at that location?
Hi,
I don't get any such notification and the other FWD opens up fine. ALso this one opens up fine like 50% of the time so I don't see any such setting would cause it as otherwise it will be consistent.

Upvote 0