Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X driver door won't fully open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently I have noticed on my refreshed MX the driver door sometimes doesn't fully open, it does pop open, but then I have to apply quite a bit of force to open it enough to get in. When this happens, closing the door also requires manual force, pressing the brake will not close the door. This happens maybe once or twice every other day or so. Anyone else facing this issue?

Recently I have noticed on my refreshed MX the driver door sometimes doesn't fully open, it does pop open, but then I have to apply quite a bit of force to open it enough to get in. When this happens, closing the door also requires manual force, pressing the brake will not close the door. This happens maybe once or twice every other day or so. Anyone else facing this issue?
Is it only intermittent? If your car does have the ultrasonic sensors, it could be due to the driver side falcon wing door USS being broken. My FWD USS was broken and it affected both the falcon wing door itself, as well as the front door on the same side. After fixing the FWD USS, the driver door returned to normal.

However if your car is so new that it doesn't have USS, other posters are right and what I said does not apply to you

I just had my November 2023 X in the service center for this exact same problem. They replaced parts, but did not fix it. The one that is more open is when I walked past the car. The one that is almost closed is after I walked away. Once it gets in that position it must be manually closed, or opened far enough that it gets enough momentum to close itself. Otherwise it will stay unlocked and open all night long....

Attachments

• PXL_20240302_173946141.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240302_173946141.MP.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20240302_173924581.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240302_173924581.MP.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 12
This happened to me once a few days ago after 1400 miles. Has not repeated since, also November 2023 made. Hope it’s not a recurring issue the car was parked on a bit of a sideways incline thought the sensors hit confused by that somehow