Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lemur Photo on non-MR Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if anyone else received the lemur photo when they ordered the LR-AWD or P3D model? Not knowing the inside joke, I initially thought it was strange, but now I see it's commonly associated with the MR model. Wondering if the system made a mistake, or they are just putting that on everyone's order now? It correctly shows in my account the LR-AWD that I intended to order.

I think it shows up for everyone. This was what I saw when I ordered AWD at the Tesla SC in October.

KQ5Nl4X.jpg

Not knowing the inside joke, I initially thought it was strange, but now I see it's commonly associated with the MR model.
On 10/17/18, Elon tweeted this image saying "tomorrow brings a lemur" and indeed the MR was announced the following day.
I can only assume that the big-eyed shocked look of the lemur is what motivated Elon to post such an image while teasing what was to come.
That there were ZERO leaks really impresses me. It's really shocking, given the number of employees who had to have been aware of the new MR offering being planned.
Hope you enjoy your new car.

That there were ZERO leaks really impresses me. It's really shocking, given the number of employees who had to have been aware of the new MR offering being planned.

Leaks don’t happen when you see policy being made on twitter in real time.

Employees find out when they show up to work or check their bosses twitter. Whatever comes first.

Why? There’s no leaks if your job depended on it. There’s so many secrets in every company. People have learned to keep their mouth shut if you want to still have a job. Most people aren’t Snowden’s.

• Disagree
Reactions: V__2