Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 highland and financing problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I ordered a model 3 on July 4th 2023, still didnt receive a vin or anything.

The car was fully financed with CA Autobank and somewhere beginning of September Tesla cancelled my car and replaced it with a highland.
Mandatory. Cant choose. I have to drive stalkless now. Thanks, i didnt choose for this...

These highlands are going at the CA Autobank for 6.75% interest now, they changed it from 3.99%.

My tesla 3 order was done at 3.99% interest.

Tesla has deleted my finance contract with CA Autobank in my account and says to refinance my car now cause it's a highland. But the price stays the same??

This is rather redicilous seeing the CA autobank associated with buying ev's at Tesla has just increased their interest on my Tesla by DOUBLE.

Is this valid grounds to cancel my full order and get my money back? Including the original 500 euro I had to dump for placing the order?

This is beyond insaine to me, I feel like I'm trapped in a scheeme.

Hello,

I ordered a model 3 on July 4th 2023, still didnt receive a vin or anything.

The car was fully financed with CA Autobank and somewhere beginning of September Tesla cancelled my car and replaced it with a highland.
Mandatory. Cant choose. I have to drive stalkless now. Thanks, i didnt choose for this...

These highlands are going at the CA Autobank for 6.75% interest now, they changed it from 3.99%.

My tesla 3 order was done at 3.99% interest.

Tesla has deleted my finance contract with CA Autobank in my account and says to refinance my car now cause it's a highland. But the price stays the same??

This is rather redicilous seeing the CA autobank associated with buying ev's at Tesla has just increased their interest on my Tesla by DOUBLE.

Is this valid grounds to cancel my full order and get my money back? Including the original 500 euro I had to dump for placing the order?

This is beyond insaine to me, I feel like I'm trapped in a scheeme.

Tesla is not a standard dealer so this is how it works.

I don't think complaining will persuade Tesla to change its DNA.

Useless remark.

Stalkless is the least of your problem. Dealing with a company who does not know how to work with radar and Ultrasonic Sensors USS would be quite alarming.

In a traditional dealership, you can walk up to a car, examine it. test drive it, finance it and seal the deal right there and then.

When you buy Tesla, you are at its mercy. You can't test drive it, you can't finance it and walkout in the same day. Tesla can change its price at any time and you can get the news that they no longer make the car that you ordered anymore.

If that is not at Tesla's mercy then what is it?

Tesla will not change its behavior until there are credible competitions that take its customers away.

i just got a dutch reply in a different thread stating im done for. Tesla supposedly stated the interest was valid until september and now with tesla restarting the financing part, theres nothing I can do to get my 3.99 back.

I just went from 3.99 to 6.75 interest on 45.000 euros. Tats not nothing. And theres not a damn thing i can do about it.

Thats stealing in my book.

...Thats stealing in my book.

A nicer term would be bait and switch scheme.

You specifically ordered the one with stalks and specific price/interest rate but Tesla insists to make a switch to stalkless and causes more expensive price/interest rate.

Therefore, if you don't like the switch, Tesla must refund fully to you the 500 Euros.

It is very straightforward.

Thats stealing in my book.
Maybe if you were forced to complete the transaction. At least here in the US either party is well within their rights to cancel the transaction for pretty much any reason right up until the contract is signed.

Special financing rates that require taking delivery by a certain date are very common time-bound incentives here.

If I’m reading between the lines correctly, it sounds like Tesla will no longer have a car available to deliver to you before the end of the month when the incentive expires because of the changeover to the new model?

Yeah, not sure you’ve got a case to push here, even in the EU. I do agree you should be well within your right to get the order fee back if you don’t want to go through with it, as Tesla has fundamentally changed the product they are delivering you.

UK distance selling (on-line) laws would allow you to cancel no questions asked. Most of our laws are still idential to the EU.

You need to find out what your rights to cancel are in Belgium. It should be in the documents you have from Tesla. It was in a PDF on attached to my car order. ( I did everything on-line. First time I spoke with a person was when I collected the car)