Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let Stats Handle Charging - Not Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like you have the hang of it. I think decimals work by .5 so 20, 20.5, 21, 21.5 but that’s just based on how it shows up on the car screen when I adjust the temperature, I’ve not tried it with the app.
Worked perfectly this morning! Thanks again so much. So...if I think of anything else I’d like, can I just tag you in this thread? Lol. Nothing is coming to mind right now though

Yeah for sure. I added in voice replies like "yes master" ( go +, documents, speak text) and also I have it tell me what the battery charge is at (you need to do a get request for that). Also have it so that as soon as I run it, if its plugged in it will start the charger as well so you can put some juice back in while it is warming up. You can set the state of charge, stop/start the charge, and the really important thing is to change the title to whatever you want so you can really impress people like my wife. I named the short cut "we are a go for launch" so I say "HEy siri we are a go for launch" and I get a reply of "Launch sequence initiated", "power is at 60%", "mission accomplished". Not sure why she walks so far ahead of me though.

Scheduled departure might not work because it would still charge during the night and stop at 530am no matter what your departure time is. Try it with a scheduled charge start time instead ?
NOt sure how stats app works but I have a bunch of api calls setup in my siri shortcuts that can run automatically at certain times and you could use that to stop and start charging. IE: if your phone disconnects from your car (or pick whatever other automation you want) - set charge start time to 3am. Not sure if stats app could do the same thing though and siri shortcuts and automations wont help you if your an android guy. If you do have an iphone, you can go crazy. IE I have one that checks what day it is, if my kids have school that day it sees what kid I am driving and turns on the appropriate amount of seat heaters, checks if the charger is plugged in and if so, sets the charge limit an extra 5% so the charger can start then it also checks the inside/outside temperature and sets my heater on to either just warm or defrost... oh, and it checks my location to make sure I am home before I do all that. Kind of overkill but fun to do, and the car is always warm when its time to leave, no forgetting about it until the last second.
Wow. I am impressed. You have maximized the efficiency. Thx for the ideas

Worked perfectly this morning! Thanks again so much. So...if I think of anything else I’d like, can I just tag you in this thread? Lol. Nothing is coming to mind right now though
You probably noticed it is broken now. First delete your old shortcut for getting the access token. Find dburkland iOS shortcuts page on GitHub, download his “shortcuts downloader” shortcut and run it. It then comes up with a list of his shortcuts. He runs them all on a server so you can’t modify them but we don’t need or want them. Just grab his access token shortcut and download it and run it. After you run it it will generate a file and save it on your iCloud. Now open open the token shortcut like you are going to edit it, find the first purple “documents” get file step. Hold your finger on the top left, click copy.
Now go to your old shortcuts and look for “get value for access token in contents of URL”. Hold your finger on the top left of it and now select paste above. Delete the URL step and the network- get contents of URL” step that are above it. Now change “get value for access token in contents of URL”. to “get value for access token in file”. That’s it. If it doesn’t make sense let me know and I’ll send an example.