Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Premium Connectivity pre-July 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was their policy recently change? According to Tesla support, my 2017 model S with a new private transfer ownership after Jan 2020 does not qualify for lifetime premium connectivity transfer. I attached their policy screenshot here for everyone to look at. In their policy, it says vehicles that were ordered before jun 2018 receive premium connectivity for the LIFETIME of the car then in a later section it kinda says otherwise. I’m lost. Can someone help me with some direction to gain this transfer?

Attachments

• D39C6453-9365-4907-AD55-E0E1AE8C0A54.png
    D39C6453-9365-4907-AD55-E0E1AE8C0A54.png
    734.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 07F938F7-047D-4015-BB40-E9B7D087FFE8.png
    07F938F7-047D-4015-BB40-E9B7D087FFE8.png
    564.8 KB · Views: 41
...LIFETIME of the car...

Message 3 explains what that means: Lifetime of the car during the original owner only which is different from the lifetime of the car for the next owners.

But you are right: Tesla's grammar to explain its intention deserves a failing grade. If shown in court, the court is very strict on the written words and I imagine you could persuade the court that Tesla's words "lifetime of the car" means just that and it should not be confused with the original owner only.

Reactions: azian_kicker
Message 3 explains what that means: Lifetime of the car during the original owner only which is different from the lifetime of the car for the next owners.

But you are right: Tesla's grammar to explain its intention deserves a failing grade. If shown in court, the court is very strict on the written words and I imagine you could persuade the court that Tesla's words "lifetime of the car" means just that and it should not be confused with the original owner only.
If this is the case, they should just say something simple and straightforward like any ownership transfer after Jan 2020 will not be able to transfer lifetime premium connectivity, regardless years, models or any other reasons - 3rd party dealers, private seller, tesla transaction etc…