Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light, possibly foldable electric bikes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hiroshiy

I have a 1 year old son and my wife wants me to send him to the nursery with an electric bike, so she can pick him up in the afternoon and bicycle back home with him in a car seat for the bike. I searched and searched and only found one with 30kg of weight. Couldn't find the manufacturer home page, but the product name is Eisan Swifti 20. From the sound of the name it sounds like Taiwanese product, and it says the bike supports up to 1 carseat.

So do you have any alternative suggestions on light, foldable electric bike in the US or in other countries? Electric assist power can be very little as fully electric bike will require license and certification, and she will need only 10 miles or so of electric assist per day. Doesn't have to be foldable but I plan to put it in my 6-seater X with 3rd row folded.

I have a 1 year old son and my wife wants me to send him to the nursery with an electric bike, so she can pick him up in the afternoon and bicycle back home with him in a car seat for the bike. I searched and searched and only found one with 30kg of weight. Couldn't find the manufacturer home page, but the product name is Eisan Swifti 20. From the sound of the name it sounds like Taiwanese product, and it says the bike supports up to 1 carseat.

So do you have any alternative suggestions on light, foldable electric bike in the US or in other countries? Electric assist power can be very little as fully electric bike will require license and certification, and she will need only 10 miles or so of electric assist per day. Doesn't have to be foldable but I plan to put it in my 6-seater X with 3rd row folded.

UrbanX | Convert Any Bike to an Electric Bike in 60 Seconds

Reactions: hiroshiy
You should check out superpedestrian.com, if you can find a folding bike with a full-size wheel this could potentially just make it electric
Thanks this looks great but it only supports 26 inch wheels, a bit big for a folding e-bike.

BTW using your suggestions and keywords I found this one.
http://cdn2.ternbicycles.com/sites/...trons10-g1-unfold-yepp-lr-matteblackblack.jpg
So this Vektron bike can attach an Yepp seat with EasyFit connector and once I detach the child seat, I can fold the bike itself and think I can put both in the rear of my X. Does anybody here have experience with this? Other suggestions?