TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Limited Charging - due to cold temperature

Discussion in 'Canada' started by VistaM3B, Jan 11, 2019.

1. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.40.2.1

It goes without saying that a 5-20 outlet should be on the correct wiring/breaker, just like a 14-50 outlet should have the correct wiring/breaker. All outlets should have the correct wiring/breaker.

Saying 120V is limited to 12 amps is not true since 16 amps is supported on 120V with a 5-20 outlet and adapter.

• Like x 1
  2. bijan

bijan Member

Still wouldn't matter as it limits to 16 amps and that's also 16 amps...

3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.40.2.1

I don't know what you are trying to say. Of course 16 amps is 16 amps. Again, I'm just saying that 16 amps is possible on 120 Volts. It may not be the fastest but it is faster than 12 amps. The post indicating 12 Amps was the maximum possible on 120 Volts is incorrect.

4. bijan

bijan Member

My point is my original post indicated this problem can't occur with 120V because you can't go over 16 amps. I incorrectly said it was 12 amps max. But either way the problem can't occur with 120V because of the lower amps.