Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited Charging - due to cold temperature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only if the wiring / breaker allows. A NEMA 14-50 with UMC is still the most cost effective method of home charging.
It goes without saying that a 5-20 outlet should be on the correct wiring/breaker, just like a 14-50 outlet should have the correct wiring/breaker. All outlets should have the correct wiring/breaker.

Saying 120V is limited to 12 amps is not true since 16 amps is supported on 120V with a 5-20 outlet and adapter.

Reactions: Big Earl
Still wouldn't matter as it limits to 16 amps and that's also 16 amps...
I don't know what you are trying to say. Of course 16 amps is 16 amps. Again, I'm just saying that 16 amps is possible on 120 Volts. It may not be the fastest but it is faster than 12 amps. The post indicating 12 Amps was the maximum possible on 120 Volts is incorrect.

I don't know what you are trying to say. Of course 16 amps is 16 amps. Again, I'm just saying that 16 amps is possible on 120 Volts. It may not be the fastest but it is faster than 12 amps. The post indicating 12 Amps was the maximum possible on 120 Volts is incorrect.

My point is my original post indicated this problem can't occur with 120V because you can't go over 16 amps. I incorrectly said it was 12 amps max. But either way the problem can't occur with 120V because of the lower amps.