Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of 18" wheels for P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you test if the Tesla wheel cap covers fit the EV01+ wheel? I am close to purchasing the 18" +40 offset with 70.2 bore soon. Debating if I can get the wheel cap covers too to replace the EV01 logo.

I could, but it might not be meaningful to you. I have the EV01 wheels with the 64.1mm center bore. Not sure how the center cap differs across models with different center bores.

With winter coming up and many people looking for a 2nd set of wheels for their winter tires, I thought getting together a list of all the 18" wheels that fit on the P3D+.

Here is what I know so far:
qU4VKGK.png

Link to spreadsheet

Please share the ones you know fit as well, and I can add them to the spreadsheet.
This is awesome - you are missing 3 different sizes for Titan 7: they make 18 X 8.5 ($2040), 19 X 9 ($2720), 19 X 9.5 ($2750) and 20 X 8.5(front) with 20 X 10 (rear) (staggered for $3160) - T-S5 Forged Split 5 Spoke Wheel - also should mention the warranties, Titan and I think Flow One have lifetime...

This is awesome - you are missing 3 different sizes for Titan 7: they make 18 X 8.5 ($2040), 19 X 9 ($2720), 19 X 9.5 ($2750) and 20 X 8.5(front) with 20 X 10 (rear) (staggered for $3160) - T-S5 Forged Split 5 Spoke Wheel - also should mention the warranties, Titan and I think Flow One have lifetime...
The thread is for 18” wheels that fit on P3D+.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I thought I'd share my experience with winter wheels for my P3D+... I got my car a year ago, when to the best of my knowledge the only wheels that would fit without spacers was the TSportline. Because we get a lot of potholes here in Boston winters, I got the 18" to maximize tire sidewall.

The wheels are noticeably lighter than the stock Tesla 20". It only took a month for me to hit a pothole and bend a rim. I used a local wheel straightening service because I could get it fixed the very next day, whereas ordering a new wheel would probably taken a month or more ( they were in very short supply back then ). It cost almost as much to straighten the wheel as a new wheel cost...

My point is that if I was shopping for winter wheels today, I would not be as concerned about weight as I would be to finding the most dent resistant wheel I could. This is probably hard to measure objectively, but I'd probably go for a heavier forged wheel...

My point is that if I was shopping for winter wheels today, I would not be as concerned about weight as I would be to finding the most dent resistant wheel I could. This is probably hard to measure objectively, but I'd probably go for a heavier forged wheel...

Strength is a little more objective perhaps, but weight is not. And if you're looking for a winter wheel, the lightest (and usually the most expensive) is not what you'll want to get. I agree, you'll be more concerned with strength than with weight!

If you make wheels stronger, the impact will cause damage elsewhere up the suspension. I think a cheap wheel + tire is cheaper to replace than a bent suspension arm.

Don't get me wrong, I love picking up used OEM forged wheel options for the price of a new non-oem cast/flowformed etc wheels. I'm just not aware of any options that'd fit the P3D w/o a spacer/adapter. New forged wheels for 2-3k do not seem like an attractive winter option to me.

Any idea when any of these will be in stock? Been checking for a couple of weeks, and they are still not available. Haven't seen a reply to my e-mail, either. I passed on some lightweight SSR's for these, would like to get them.
Call canadawheels.ca, they can take your order for out-of-stock wheels to get you on the next batch and will probably tell you about ETAs. I think that the 18x8.5 +35 offset wheels w/o covers are in stock, it's just the covers that are backordered.

Reactions: 67King
Got my EV01(+) mounted. There's probably 3-4mm clearance between the rear caliper and the rim. The wheel has 70.2 bore for a few mm, and then the 64.1mm needed to sit on the hubcentric. Was a breeze to mount. My non-OEM center caps were kinda loose in the wheel, so I'm keeping the ones supplied with the wheels for now.
IMG_20191210_094300.jpg

Reactions: MarcG