Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Little Rock, AR to Fayetteville, AR - Realistic range expectation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings. Looking to make a trip to Fayetteville in the coming weeks and curious about the realistic range expected. Wondering if anyone has made this drive in their Tesla and could share their experience?

Currently looking at about 200mi driving but with elevation changes, I'm expecting it to be more like 240mi. There aren't any superchargers, only a handful of J1772 chargers around town, so expecting a long charge time on the return trip home.

Anyone with insight, I appreciate any data you can share.

Thanks!

Reactions: efusco
I haven't done that exact trip, but I do a lot of driving in SW MO and NW AR. The thing about the hills is that it tends to balance out with the momentum/regen going down hill. That said, I think your 240 miles of range use estimate is reasonable. You didn't say what vehicle you're driving and temperature and weather factor in significantly.

If you're going to spend the day on campus, there are a number of J1772 in one of the parking garages that you can use while you're there. There are also a few Destination Chargers in the area that may be a bit faster.

As a general rule, I sure wish Tesla would fill that void on I40 down there. It is about the only route in America that I can't take. I'm mainly talking about the route from Oklahoma City to Memphis. They have been promising it for 3 years. Just baffled why there isn't better coverage on a heavily travelled interstate route. I wonder if it is state politics. I can't think of any other reason.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

There are several Superchargers planned on I-40, but none of them have any status updates, other than "Coming Soon." However, their locations are fairly convenient and will definitely help fill the void there.

And just to confirm, since someone asked, this is for a Model X 100D, and expected temperatures will be in the 70s, which I have a fairly good efficiency rating in.

I was planning on using the J1772 chargers, but they charge so slowly that I would essentially need to park 8-9 hours to fill up enough to return. Doesn't make sense for a half day trip, but I might be able to schedule meetings around that and plan to be gone a whole day.

I am guessing your trip is over now but I’m curious how it went?

I live in Fayetteville and drive down to Hot Springs and then back through Little Rock to Fayetteville. It was unexpectedly cold on the way home (50s) and I made it back just fine. I have the LRAWD M3.

@tekn0wledg, I am also having range anxiety. First time to drive from LR to Fayetteville in a few days' time on a quick business trip. According to A Better Route Planner, I should charge at Clarksville's ChaDemo/ Electrify America. But I don't have a ChaDeMo adapter....yet. Alternatively, I could spend several long hours charging at a J1772. Anyone in the Little Rock/Conway area with a ChaDeMo adapter I could possibly borrow?:)

Thanks
A.

@tekn0wledg, I am also having range anxiety. First time to drive from LR to Fayetteville in a few days' time on a quick business trip. According to A Better Route Planner, I should charge at Clarksville's ChaDemo/ Electrify America. But I don't have a ChaDeMo adapter....yet. Alternatively, I could spend several long hours charging at a J1772. Anyone in the Little Rock/Conway area with a ChaDeMo adapter I could possibly borrow?:)

Thanks
A.
yes, and I would have anxiety too by driving on I40 through that area. It is sort of a black hole where more SCs are needed and nothing has been done in almost 3 years there. I'm having a hard time understanding why there aren't more super chargers on a busy east/west major interstate.

yes, and I would have anxiety too by driving on I40 through that area. It is sort of a black hole where more SCs are needed and nothing has been done in almost 3 years there. I'm having a hard time understanding why there aren't more super chargers on a busy east/west major interstate.

That is indeed like a black hole LOL. Now I am debating not driving the MS, but driving our Audi instead. :( :)

Reactions: Silicon Desert