Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone made it from Little Rock to Bentonville? I'm planning a trip to Crystal Bridges and I'd prefer to drive the 85D. Is stopping at the Super 8 Tesla HPWC viable? EVTripping says I will have only 7% left if I don't stop somewhere. Any advice?

I've really wanted to try this drive with my Model X 75D, but don't think it's workable without an hour of charge or more at the Super 8. The real question would be the impact on the hills on I-49. If you were willing to cozy up to a semi and go 65mph along I-40, I'd think that you'd save enough battery for it to work. The 21c hotel has a destination charger, so I assume you're planning a stay of some sort in Bentonville.

I got Buddy CPO and I don't think I have the duals. My 14-50 240 gets me about 28/hour. And, yes, we're staying in Bentonville, but not at the 21C -- way too expensive. We would go directly to Crystal Bridges and then hook up at 21C HPWC overnight.

We've made the trip from Conway to Crystal Bridges many times in both our Model S 85 (2014) and Model X 90D(2016). Both vehicles get about 255 miles range at full charge. (Of course, Conway is 30 miles closer.) The HPWC at the Super 8 in Russellville is reliable, make sure you use the the 80 amp charger closer to the hotel. We get 24 mph on the S85 and 28 mph on the Model X. Very nice hotel staff. There is a Subway across the street.
The charger at the 21C hotel is free to use and gets about the same charging rate as the Super 8. We usually plug in at the hotel and walk down the hill to the museum. (The new Chilhuly exhibit is amazing!) Lots of good eating places in the town square.
Probably the best charging option in Bentonville is the chademo at the Sam's Club. It can be a bit finicky but we have always gotten it to work and now it is free, no EVGO card required. (I'm glad to loan my adaptor to anyone who needs it, just email me, [email protected]) You have to reset it after 30 minutes but you'll get a charging rate of 115-120 mph.
We really need Tesla back in the state to build some more superchargers. I've talked to the Chamber of Commerce in Clarksville, AR and they seem very interested, especially since they have a big 40 acre solar project that will be coming online next summer. A SC in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn is right across the street from their new solar field. Their utility is locally owned so if Tesla is interested this could happen quickly. I am expecting a return call from the city and I have alerted Tesla. This location would split the distance from LR to Bentonville.

This is the first summer we will be able to travel to Vail,CO using superchargers all the way , no RV parks, no range anxiety! Thanks, Tesla!
We'll stop in Springfield, MO, KC, then !-70 superchargers the rest of the way.

Reactions: DurandalAI
I'm in Fayetteville (about 25 miles from Crystal Bridges). I've made the drive from here to the LR supercharger with no problem.

If you get this far and start feeling anxious about making it all the way, feel free to shoot me a message, and you are welcome to plug in to my HPWC until you feel more comfortable. (Lots of shopping and restaurants in easy walking distance to help pass the time, too)

Reactions: DurandalAI
Check out plugshare.com if you haven't already.

There aren't many L2 charging spots in Bentonville, sadly. However on the way up/down if you want to burn some time in Fayetteville, there are a number of L2 chargers available there for a lunch and stroll, for instance.
Hopefully there is some progress in Clarksville soon, especially before the holiday season.

Hopefully there is some progress in Clarksville soon, especially before the holiday season.

I'm astounded that zero progress on closing out Memphis to Oklahoma City appears to have happened post-Little Rock. Really thought Ft. Smith or Clarksville would be shortly thereafter. With Wyoming almost complete and lots of stops added this year between west Texas and Arizona, our I-40 stretch looks to be the last piece of a true cost-to-coast network for Tesla.

I'm astounded that zero progress on closing out Memphis to Oklahoma City appears to have happened post-Little Rock. Really thought Ft. Smith or Clarksville would be shortly thereafter. With Wyoming almost complete and lots of stops added this year between west Texas and Arizona, our I-40 stretch looks to be the last piece of a true cost-to-coast network for Tesla.
Clarksville is the biggest one I'm looking forward to, as I intend on using my Model 3 for all long distance trips that we take whenever possible, and we take trips up to Fayetteville periodically, along with Tulsa, so that's an important leg for us.