Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live View Camera B-Pillar Cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my mom's Model Y connected to my account so I can assist her remotely if necessary. I got an unlocked door notification today so I checked the app to see if she was at home as it often dies that there, but she was in a store parking lot. I went to check the camera to see if she was nearby the car and noticed I can access the B-Pillar camera. Neat. Didn't know they added this. Did some research but I don't see any information confirming of the update that added this applies to my 2018 Model 3. It doesn't gimme me the option to view the B-pillar cameras. Can anyone point me to any documentation for this?

Only for HW3 and up according to this Reddit thread

Thanks. One of the sites tracking updates indicates Model 3 as included and others don't include any of the model 3's. I suppose HW2.5 being excluded could make sense. It's a neat feature, but if true, not worth losing USS over. Maybe could be worth it if they enabled recording from them. It would remedy the 2 huge blindspots...