Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Location of mobile cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Is there a specific location where the mobile cable is stored on the MY?
it is my understanding that it is to be included

I already have the wall charger connected to a 50amp for charging but just wanted to know where this other cable is

thanks.

The Tesla Gen2 Mobile Connector kit comes in a case, includes the Mobile Connector and the NEMA 5-15 120V power plug adapter and the SAE J1772 charging adapter. If not visible when you open the hatch the Mobile Connector kit may be found in the storage bin underneath the cargo floor. You may want to test that the Mobile Connector works, enables you to charge from a 5-15 120V power receptacle. Then pack away the Mobile Connector kit for when you take trips as that is the only time you may need to use it. Keep the SAE J1772 charging adapter in the Tesla vehicle as that adapter will enable you to charge at any public Level 2 (208 to 240V) charging station.

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question. Just to be clear about terminology, the Model Y comes with a Mobile Connector (first image below).
It consists of a Mobile adapter (it comes with the NEMA 5-15 for 120v 10 amp charging, but you can buy others see second image below), and the connector.
(BTW it should also have a J1772 adapter).
The whole kit should be in a zipper bag and stored in the rear storage area.
So if you have a 50 amp circuit (NEMA 14-50), you can use the correct mobile adapter cord and use the Mobile Connector to charge at up to 32 amps.
If you purchase a Wall Connector (a separate hard wired connector, cost ~$500), then you can charge at up to 40 amps with a 50 amp circuit.

Mobile Connector.jpg
Adapters.jpg