Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lock keys in car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. Update.

Both the pouch I bought and the pressing of the lock button on the big screen trick while the door is open, work to lock the doors with keys in the car and not have to worry about opening it up by touching the handles.

Personally I’m gonna go the pouch route. Cuz it was $8 and works and also hides the keys pretty well.

Thanks again to all!

Reactions: Leeclanual
Ok. Update.

Both the pouch I bought and the pressing of the lock button on the big screen trick while the door is open, work to lock the doors with keys in the car and not have to worry about opening it up by touching the handles.

Personally I’m gonna go the pouch route. Cuz it was $8 and works and also hides the keys pretty well.

Thanks again to all!
I used to do this while surfing in my older Model S. Just make sure wherever you park the car has a good data connection. If you are in an area where the car is "offline", you will not be able to unlock it with the app (ask me how I found this out...). Other than that, it is a great hack to leave the key in your car.

Reactions: 100d