Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did my first cold weather test today on the Ohmmu.

So far, all is perfect with the Heated Ohmmu.

Started the test this morning on my Model 3. Backed out of the non heated garage (at 50F) into driveway (shaded) at 28F.

Left outside for 3 hours. Ending outside temperate 31F.

Ohmmu NON -Heated temperature (control) 36.3F (on ground not installed). Heated Ohmmu (car asleep) 46.8F (installed).

Interior showed 32F. No warnings on notifications menu.

No Alerts in Service Mode.

LV battery indications all normal.

Drove for a few minutes and no change. All remained normal.

Software 2023.27.7. Ohmmu Firmware V65 with Model 3 configuration.

IMG_2210.PNG
IMG_2208.JPG
IMG_2209.PNG
u V4+

IMG_2206.JPG
IMG_2207.JPG
IMG_2211.JPG
IMG_2212.JPG
IMG_2213.JPG
IMG_2214.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
So are these batteries working now with all the latest versions and firmware updates? I saw this on X, regarding service mode on newer Telsa firmware. Do you think changing the low voltage battery type helps with this and other aftermarket batteries? It's a curiosity since I think that might be a newer option.
IMG_4112.JPG

Today we had 3°C/37°F outside temperature and I get the Battery Warnings again. VCFRONT_a182, a192, a402.
Battery Temperature was 5.5°C/42°F.
Again, this is with the Ohmmu battery with heating element!
It seams like it doesn't work as intended.

I don't know why Sean doesn't respond to my emails anymore. This is my 4th ohmmu battery for the Model 3 and everytime I run into the same issues.

Today we had 3°C/37°F outside temperature and I get the Battery Warnings again. VCFRONT_a182, a192, a402.
Battery Temperature was 5.5°C/42°F.
Again, this is with the Ohmmu battery with heating element!
It seams like it doesn't work as intended.

I don't know why Sean doesn't respond to my emails anymore. This is my 4th ohmmu battery for the Model 3 and everytime I run into the same issues.
I got the same warnings. First time 28F no warnings but after 3 weeks it appears the heating element is no longer working. I initially would see 12F difference from heated and non heated. Now no difference. I placed a V4+ and V4+H into a freezer even attaching charger to V4+H to see if battery needed a charger to operate heater and no change. Firmware was updated to V65 not sure if this caused issue or not. WIth heat working no warnings and worked perfectly. WIth possible heat failure, warnings as above under 50F. Send a note to Ohmmu that you suspect the heating element is no longer working. Hopefully they have a fix.

Last edited:
I got the same warnings. First time 28F no warnings but after 3 weeks it appears the heating element is no longer working. I initially would see 12F difference from heated and non heated. Now no difference. I placed a V4+ and V4+H into a freezer even attaching charger to V4+H to see if battery needed a charger to operate heater and no change. Firmware was updated to V65 not sure if this caused issue or not. WIth heat working no warnings and worked perfectly. WIth possible heat failure, warnings as above under 50F. Send a note to Ohmmu that you suspect the heating element is no longer working. Hopefully they have a fix.
Are you in contact with ohmmu support? What do they say about your findings?

Are you in contact with ohmmu support? What do they say about your findings?
So far nothing. I supplied a lot of information including comparing battery temperatures for the heated and non-heated model at low temps. That is how I determined the heater probably failed whether hardware or software not sure yet. Wondering of this is a hardware issue or software. If hardware not good. Meanwhile my backup Atlas died after 2 years mostly on the shelf but maintained throughout. Down to my Diehard EV battery as a backup. A question above was why a Lithium? Because after a year every time getting into the car I have to wonder "Is today the day the 12 volt dies?" If no Ohmmu fix then very 2 years it will be filters/rotate/brake pin lube (from salt) and replace 12 volt battery.

Last edited: