Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longest "I just felt like a drive" day trip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

deonb

Mar 4, 2013
Redmond, WA
What's the longest day trips you've made in your Tesla for no other particular reason than you just felt like a drive?

A stop for charging & food/coffee is ok, but not if the purpose of the trip was the dinner. Thinly veiled excuses (e.g. "there was a bee in the house") are fine however :).

The longest I've done was from Seattle to Portland and back - total of 366 miles.

I've also done Seattle to Vancouver a few times (286 miles). (Note to others: "I just felt like a drive" as an excuse to cross the border, will get you your car searched...).

Very interested to hear from others! Has anybody crossed 500 miles?

San Luis Obispo 101 South to 166 East to 33 South to Lockwood Valley, through Fraser park to I5 North to Tehon ranch (Charging) I 5 north to 58 West, back to 101 South to San Luis Obispo. Total about 340 miles. This was in the winter with snow and ice at the higher elevations.

I have done over 600 miles in a single day for a business trip, but was not "just for a drive. San Luis Obispo to Hawthorne (charge) to san Diego, to Fashion Island (charge) to Hawthorne (charge) to San Luis Obispo.

My wife and I drove about 350 mi round trip to use the San Marcos Supercharger on Sunday. The ribbon cutting was today. We did eat lunch, but the purpose of the drive was to get some windshield time and experience a supercharger.

On July 4 we drove about 400 mi round trip to the Austin, TX store. We charged there and drove home. We ate lunch while the Model S was charging.

Once we get more superchargers getting more miles in a day will be quite easy.

My wife and I drove about 350 mi round trip to use the San Marcos Supercharger on Sunday. The ribbon cutting was today. We did eat lunch, but the purpose of the drive was to get some windshield time and experience a supercharger.

On July 4 we drove about 400 mi round trip to the Austin, TX store. We charged there and drove home. We ate lunch while the Model S was charging.

Once we get more superchargers getting more miles in a day will be quite easy.

I wanted to make that event badly but had to work. My wife and her mother went and snapped plenty of photos. ... It was so great seeing that many Model S's in one place. I already have multiple people I know planning a drive up to the outlet malls this weekend just to get a close up look at this car I wont shut up about.

I wanted to make that event badly but had to work. My wife and her mother went and snapped plenty of photos. ... It was so great seeing that many Model S's in one place. I already have multiple people I know planning a drive up to the outlet malls this weekend just to get a close up look at this car I wont shut up about.

I couldn't make the event today; so, I decided to go on Sunday. When I started charging I was in the only Model S using the Supercharger.