Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking at 2018 model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

New to the forum so Hi :). I've been reading this forum for a while now and have picked up some great tips on what to look for / avoid. So, I went to look at a car today - my first viewing with the possibility to purchase. It was a 75D with 27K miles built Sep '18 so MCU 2. So far so good. Metallic Grey (midnight silver) - brilliant. Nineteen inch silver wheels - lovely. So far so good. However there was a potential problem. I am very meticulous when it comes to choosing a car, especially at this price, and much to the salesman surprise, spent some of the time I had looking underneath the car as well as looking over it. I did notice a couple of things:

1. The plastic strips (not sure what the technical term for them is) that run along the underside next to the sills were broken in a few places and had come away from the bodywork, They were also slightly bent back where it met the back end of the front wheel arch

2. The car had been washed prior to my visit and I thought the inner wheel trim was soft and could be easily damaged with my finger.

Apart from that it was very good.

Any thoughts on the issues?

Thanks in advance. Spanish

1. Very minor. ITs usually caused by a missing (or few) small plastic pop rivets that hold those strips into place. Cheap fix and Tesla will probably pop them in for free.
2. Overall, the trim, interior pieces, door sills, etc, are not what you would expect in a typical $100k USD car. MUCH lower quality pieces than comparable Audi interior, Benz, etc. So you really cant compare. Most of the budget goes to the technology.

So if top notch materials/workmanship/craftsmanship is what you are after? Tesla may not be for you.