Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Looking for a Homelink Module for a 2023 Model 3. Part number: 1114984-00-B

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a mobile tech come out and install HomeLink on my 2021 MY. We talked, as we all do, and while I watched, he installed and programmed it.

I asked him whether I could buy a module on the web and install it myself. His reply was no. Tesla keeps track of the options installed on your car, and if one pops up that's not assigned to your car when Tesla does a software upgrade, their system will note it, and - he said - will disable it if you didn't buy it through Tesla.

Some of these requests for modules are from 2022, so I wonder if anyone has experience with Tesla 'disconnecting' their self-installed HomeLink module.

I had a mobile tech come out and install HomeLink on my 2021 MY. We talked, as we all do, and while I watched, he installed and programmed it.

I asked him whether I could buy a module on the web and install it myself. His reply was no. Tesla keeps track of the options installed on your car, and if one pops up that's not assigned to your car when Tesla does a software upgrade, their system will note it, and - he said - will disable it if you didn't buy it through Tesla.

Some of these requests for modules are from 2022, so I wonder if anyone has experience with Tesla 'disconnecting' their self-installed HomeLink module.
Dozens of members on this thread have purchased the modules, and I’ve heard no reports of this.

Reactions: android04