Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Looking for a Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been called from Tesla a few times with offers of excess local Model Y inventory. They probably would have called more but I told them I would only consider a white interior which is not as plentiful. There is a scalper on this site listing his for far over list price and trying to push misinformation of unavailability. Some areas may not have extra inventory but scalpers don’t deserve to take advantage of people’s impatience. A little patience goes a long way, production cars are not a commodity and people shouldn’t take advantage of others. There will be plenty to go around soon.

I’ve been called from Tesla a few times with offers of excess local Model Y inventory.
They probably would have called more but I told them I would only consider a white interior which is not as plentiful.
There is a scalper on this site listing his for far over list price and trying to push misinformation of unavailability.
Some areas may not have extra inventory but scalpers don’t deserve to take advantage of people’s impatience.
A little patience goes a long way, production cars are not a commodity and people shouldn’t take advantage of others.
There will be plenty to go around soon.

How Can I Avoid Dealer Markup On a Hot New Car?

Different situation with a limited production specialty vehicle and a mass production vehicle like the Y. People paid premiums for the Chrysler PT Cruiser and then realized they just accelerated their own depreciation by overpaying on a mass production car because of what they thought was a limited supply of an over hyped car. I’m not comparing the PT Cruiser and the Y but it’s the same situation when people think just because they can’t buy it today it will still be somewhat more valuable a week or month from now. Tesla themselves try to take advantage as much as they can by only offering the very highest priced models first. For profiteers to try to inflate the already highest priced trim up to close to the price of the more expensive X is crazy.

If $10k is pocket change to a car shopper then they are probably not a budget EV SUV customer (the Y demographic)

Meh, don't really agree with that. Not many mid-size SUV's that are electric. I know a handful of people getting the Y that have "$10k pocket change money". It's the perfect size/range for what they wanted. X was too big and the etron/f-pace don't have the range.