Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted Available Looking for Hip Striker left and right for rear facing jumper seats

Available for
  1. Local pickup
  2. Shipping
Related vehicle
  1. Model S

Details

Looking for the left and right hip strikers that secure the rear facing jumper seats. If anyone has a 2015 or earlier model s that your kids have grown out of the seats and you have un-installed them - let me know if you're willing to part with the left and right strikers, they are the metal loops on the left and right side of the inside of the trunk that the back of the jumper seats latch onto. They come off super easily, it's just two bolts.

We misplaced ours and need to re-install our seats again.

Thanks in advance!
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please don't let your kids sit in the trunk.
Any reason in particular? It's still one of the safest production cars ever made, the rear facing jumper seats were an option that Tesla used to offer back when I bought mine in 2015. The seats use a 5 point harness, and the rear bumper is reinforced so the trunk is not a crumple zone... Maybe I'm missing something?

We don't road trip in the Tesla with the kids, but it's useful to have the extra seating capacity for short trips around town.

Unfortunately the added bumper bar does nothing if you are hit by an SUV.
IMG_6609.jpeg

That looks like the crumple zone worked just as it was intended to. What info do you have to suggest there was a reinforced bumper and kid seats in this car?
This car was hit by an SUV which skimmed over the frame rails. Anyone in the rear would be in two pieces. I'm in collision repair and have seen several hits like this. You can see the reinforcement dropped and did not absorb the collision. Tesla had to discontinue the rear facing seats or risk losing their 5 star safety scores. The upper aluminum structure provides no protection to the rear of the shock towers.