Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for someone with the Alpine upgraded sound system I can listen to

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alpine makes a 13 speaker sound system upgrade for the 2018 - 2021 model 3 that I'm increasingly interested in. Yes, the stock sound system is really good. I'm thinking I'll have this car for quite a while and I'm a bit of an audiophile so it might be worth it to me to get this upgrade. I've been looking for a frequency response graph of the upgraded system but haven't been able to find it. I found a youtube video where a guy generates a frequency response graph for the stock system which was pretty helpful. I have an app on my phone that lets me play specific frequencies of sine waves, square waves, etc. and it confirms that the stock system is really lacking in the 20hz - 50hz range.

Anyway, I'd really like to find someone in/near the SF Bay Area with the upgraded Alpine system (PSS-TSLA-213P) installed that would be willing to let me come check it out. I'll buy you a beer or something.

I signed up for the forums to ask the same question.

I am located in the Greater Seattle area. I'd be very interested to demo someone's system who has done the Alpine upgrade.

Having done custom car audio solutions myself, I've come to learn that the system is absolutely not the sum of it's parts... It's an artform and a science to create a proper setup.

My biggest questions are:
1. Is each speaker on the Alpine system actually properly matched to the size of enclosure / space for that speaker? This is very critical with the larger speakers, and becomes trivial when it comes all the way down to tweeters.
2. I am assuming that the stock system has EQ settings that are specifically set based on the stock speakers.. This all goes out the window when you drop in different speakers.
In order to have an actually good system, one would need to do a really good freq-response (or have a really good ear) tune, and put it through a high-band EQ.

If someone actually went all the way, and did a full EQ tune... They could share the EQ with everyone else, and we could copy what they have for reasonably good results (especially if it was the same gen model). I wonder if someone has already done this, tbh.

Anyways. I'm extremely interested to hear someone's setup. I'd love to directly compare it to a Highland M3LR / M3P setup side-by-side.