Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for South OC owners to show off car in 4th of July Parade entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow fans,

I am involved in the Lake Forest City Parade Committee and have been for 4 years. It's a great community parade, but what has always bothered me is that there are too many car clubs featuring Mustangs, VW Buses, Hot Rods, Jeeps and other gas guzzlers. It is time to show people the future of transportation in an entertaining way. I would like to organize a unit of approximately five or more Teslas (Roadster or Model S) to take this parade by electric storm. We will also feature dancers weaving around the vehicles to the music of The All-American Rejects' song, "THE FUTURE HAS ARRIVED."

This is on the morning of Friday, July 4th in beautiful Lake Forest, south Orange County. The parade route is 1.2 miles and takes about 30-45 minutes to complete. The total time commitment is early am (about 8:00) and we're always done before 1:00pm at the very latest, depending on placement in the parade. The point of this event is really just to share my enthusiasm for Tesla to our city and I'd love to have the help of those who have equal passion. Please respond or message me if you would like any additional information.

Hello Apoclyps. Thank you for the interest. My second paragraph is pretty much the extent of the details that I know. I will be rehearsing with the dancers, but the cars are not needed until the morning of the event. Arrival is approximately 8am (I won't know exact until we begin having our parade meetings in May), and the commitment is definitely over by 1pm, or earlier. I will need to have a final count of committed drivers for the entry by then as well. I would love for it to be as alive as possible with several cars. Again, we need to compete with the "gas guzzler" entries.

I would be happy to respond with any other specific questions that you or a member of the OC group might have. I have done the parade for 4 years here. Thank you so much. Looking forward to it.

Hello friends,

I have gotten some interest in this and I appreciate it. For those who have asked for additional information, here is what I know considering it's early.

We are looking for as many Teslas as we can get. There is no minimum. We are trying to show up the other parade car clubs like VW Busses, Hot Rods, Mustangs and others. The whole goal is to send a message of presence and awareness.

The parade route begins and ends at El Toro High School, using Lake Forest Drive as the major portion. It is 1.2 miles total and will take about 45 minutes to parade down. The call time will be somewhere between 8 and 9am due to road closures. The parade steps off at 10, so we can be done early depending on our unit's placement in the parade lineup. Everyone will be done at the absolute latest, 1pm. Hopefully this will allow you to partake in some great Independence Day activities in the afternoon and evening. Suggestion: my wife and I love to visit Mission Viejo's street party and fireworks on the lake afterwards.

The parade will be covered by Cox TV. I do have a link to the city's webpage with past parade photos and logistic information if you'd like. I've tried to post this reply several times and included the link, but it never made it. So, if this post goes through and you'd like to get the link, I'll find another way to get it to you.

Thank you everyone for your interest, and keep 'em coming. We need more! All models and all colors.
Kevin

Hello friends. Now that it's closer, I wanted to get a temperature check for owners interested in driving in the Lake Forest Independence Day Parade this year. I'd love to have as many (Model S and Roadster) as I can for this entry. This should really be a fun time to get together and a chance to spread Tesla awareness to this always highly-attended parade. Again, this is a morning commitment, and you'll be out of there by 1:00pm at the very latest. Look forward to hearing from you!!