Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud thud upon brake hold, Tesla won’t help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I know there’s a lot of discussion about sorts of noises from the suspension. For the past year my model YP has been having issues under parking lot speed when I apply the brakes or the auto hold engages, I hear and feel a loud thud coming from the rear. I took it to Tesla twice and they said there was no issue. Problem is that it’s not always reproducible but I found that if I pull out from park or from reverse, then tap the brakes max it will make that this sound. It’s a nasty thud and you can feel it under your seats and even my passengers asked me about it. It’s not normal and my warranty is almost up. Im getting worried because this car isn’t cheap. Any advice ? I’m thinking of taking a tech with me for a test drive.

Also, now my front steering is making a clicking sound when turning, I assume from a bad CV boot axle but that’s reproducible. But sheesh this is only a 3 year old car with 45k miles.