Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love our new 2023 Model Y LR, BUT!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do find it interesting that many owners, instead of enjoying the overall goodness that Tesla provides, choose to obsess about all the seemingly little things. The cars are amazing, but imperfect.
Not at all amazing. Very good yes but many shortcomings. I do find it amazing what Tesla 'fans' are willing to overlook.

Omitting parking sensors when you don't have the replacement you've been BRAGGING about is not a little thing it's actually shocking and a proper automaker would never pull such a stunt. Tesla holds owners in utter contempt and shows they don't give AF about their customers, certainly not ahead of saving a buck.

The customer service is poor. Very poor. Both pre-delivery and post.

The car UI / UX needs a complete redesign / rethink it's very poor.

The range is a complete lie. Can we not repeat the BS from the petrol era and just be real about what these cars are capable of in real world conditions? This isn't just a Tesla problem TBF.

To be honest, if it wasn't for their Supercharger network I'm not sure I'd have gone for a Tesla. It's the only differentiator, they're not superior in any way other than that.

Reactions: c3nsored
Not at all amazing. Very good yes but many shortcomings. I do find it amazing what Tesla 'fans' are willing to overlook.

Omitting parking sensors when you don't have the replacement you've been BRAGGING about is not a little thing it's actually shocking and a proper automaker would never pull such a stunt. Tesla holds owners in utter contempt and shows they don't give AF about their customers, certainly not ahead of saving a buck.

The customer service is poor. Very poor. Both pre-delivery and post.

The car UI / UX needs a complete redesign / rethink it's very poor.

The range is a complete lie. Can we not repeat the BS from the petrol era and just be real about what these cars are capable of in real world conditions? This isn't just a Tesla problem TBF.

To be honest, if it wasn't for their Supercharger network I'm not sure I'd have gone for a Tesla. It's the only differentiator, they're not superior in any way other than that.
I am also upset by the lack of proximity sensors. It's just a matter of time before we start hitting things. Tesla is squeezing the rag to tight.

Reactions: Ratch
Just took delivery of our 2023 Model Y LR and let me just said. The ride is so much better then our 2021 Model 3 LR. Well done Tesla, now PLEASE get the "visual" proximity sensors updated in the software before we rip the fenders off... also don't forget about fixing the "windows up on lock" feature.
We really do love the car.
This guy sums it up in his video. I already scraped my left fender as it is hard to see over the hood.

Attachments

• 8E17DEC1-281B-4EA3-A094-9610D7BEB19B.jpeg
    8E17DEC1-281B-4EA3-A094-9610D7BEB19B.jpeg
    761.2 KB · Views: 1,457