Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loving the Model 3 Center Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

StealthP3D

Dec 12, 2018
Maple Falls, WA
When we took delivery of our first Model 3 in May I was a bit overwhelmed by all the menus. Now, after a few months, I don't need to use the menus much but, when I do, I know exactly where to go. It's all laid out so rationally and, shall I say, linearly. It did take a couple of months to "get it" but now I don't even have to think to adjust one of the menu settings.

When we took delivery of our first Model 3 in May I was a bit overwhelmed by all the menus. Now, after a few months, I don't need to use the menus much but, when I do, I know exactly where to go. It's all laid out so rationally and, shall I say, linearly. It did take a couple of months to "get it" but now I don't even have to think to adjust one of the menu settings.

I just wish Tesla would allow the screen to be able to tilt more in the direction of the driver. Being an old guy, it is tough to view the screen when it is at its present angle. Doable, but not comfortable. Hopefully, someone will create a fix for this.

I just wish Tesla would allow the screen to be able to tilt more in the direction of the driver. Being an old guy, it is tough to view the screen when it is at its present angle. Doable, but not comfortable. Hopefully, someone will create a fix for this.

I need 1.75 power reading glasses for close work. I always thought if the info was displayed in a slightly larger font, I wouldn't need to squint or use my reading glasses. I never considered the angle of the screen could also improve it (partly because I like the way it works equally well for the passenger if they want to browse music/stations/change the climate control or use the navigation system).

Hopefully, a future OTA update will allow selectable screen font sizes.

As a long time S and X owner, I almost immediately became comfortable with the Model 3 center display when I got my car last year. Now I wish that my X interface worked the same way as the 3. I would not miss the display directly in front of the driver in my X. Nor do I miss not having the dedicated AP stalk and steering wheel position stalk in the 3. They aren’t needed.