Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only regret I have is going with lowering springs (H&R), great look and got rid of the wheel gap but the ride quality is pretty bouncy and I bottom out on a lot of speed bumps here in my area. I've already ordered some coil overs to resolve the issue. So just go with adjustable coil overs in my opinion.

I put the Tsportline lowering springs on my M3P this past weekend. Ride is almost exactly like factory. No bouncing or stiffness. Handles better, looks great. I see no downside other than having to be careful of curbs when parking. It will scrape.

Reactions: travass808
My 3 is lowered by less than an inch, leaving a two-finger gap from the tire to fender. Looks like a proper factory fitment, pretty much exactly like a stock Model S. The front bumper won't clear curbs or parking dividers but it never scrapes on driveways or drainage channels, unlike my stock BMW or stock Mini Cooper which both scraped the front on every little dip imaginable but could clear most parking dividers.

It does high-center like a limousine though. The wheelbase is long and the battery is low! I'm very experienced at finding the best angle for my long list of low cars but it's easy with a low front - a low center is much harder and does make some driveways or parking garage ramps impossible to pass without scraping.

I'm pretty sure this was a design mistake. I think they chose moderately low front/rear clearances that were on par with a stock BMW or Mini Cooper and set the fender height accordingly. The prototype cars looked perfect! But then they found the high-centering issue after the body was already done so the only thing they could do was to raise the suspension.

Mine looks just like the initial prototype, completely normal and OEM-ish:
Screenshot 2022-03-16 155215.png

Reactions: travass808