Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's my delivery center as well. If you remember could you ask and see if they're getting more white interiors in?

Picked the car up today. I was told they are delivering 80 to 100 cars a day there. There were a bunch of white interiors delivering when we picked ours up. I didn't ask about inventory cars. Great delivery experience. I was expecting chaos but they had everything dialed in.

Picked up my LR AWD built in Dec 2018 (185K VIN) today! :cool:

Delivery at Highland Park, IL was rather goofy. First there was no special "delivery area", like I've seen so many pictures of--The DS just brought the car out front. And before he did that, he came to tell me he found a scrape on one of the 19" wheels and was having it replaced immediately (took an extra 20 minutes). That was odd, but I was happy it was fixed.

I went over the car as much as could there and again later at home. Seems to be a pretty solid build. Only thing I found bothersome is the center of the hood is slightly lower than the bumper, and at some angles it is noticeable. White is very unforgiving this way unfortunately. I couldn't find any other gaps or alignments that were significant enough to cause concern, and I was trying hard to find them. I also didn't find a single issue with the paint on the entire car. I was expecting to find at least some minor issue with the paint.

All the other stuff you hear from owners is true and I won't rehash too much except to say it drives amazing, premium sound is excellent, and WOW is it quick! :eek:

Our MSM/White/19/AP (Jan 2019) was delivered yesterday! We are only 4 miles from the SoDo location, and this one came from Bellevue, but from what I glanced of their delivery calendar I think it was too solid to take delivery at those locations. The car looks almost perfect, though they didn't detail the weather stripping very well - very visibly dirty. I'll either take care of that, or if I decide to have it professionally ceramic coated I'll let them do that.

What a smile when punching that accelerator!

Picked up my LR AWD built in Dec 2018 (185K VIN) today! :cool:

Delivery at Highland Park, IL was rather goofy. First there was no special "delivery area", like I've seen so many pictures of--The DS just brought the car out front. And before he did that, he came to tell me he found a scrape on one of the 19" wheels and was having it replaced immediately (took an extra 20 minutes). That was odd, but I was happy it was fixed.

I went over the car as much as could there and again later at home. Seems to be a pretty solid build. Only thing I found bothersome is the center of the hood is slightly lower than the bumper, and at some angles it is noticeable. White is very unforgiving this way unfortunately. I couldn't find any other gaps or alignments that were significant enough to cause concern, and I was trying hard to find them. I also didn't find a single issue with the paint on the entire car. I was expecting to find at least some minor issue with the paint.

All the other stuff you hear from owners is true and I won't rehash too much except to say it drives amazing, premium sound is excellent, and WOW is it quick! :eek:

Just curious, when you say 185k VIN what do you mean by that?

I have a VIN (haven't picked up my vehicle yet) but are you referring to the last 6 numbers of the entire VIN? Mine would be in the 147XXX range.. does that mean my vehicle is not a 2019 vehicle?

Also for a 2019 model year would it be J or K in the VIN before the Fremont factory tag?

Last edited:
Just curious, when you say 185k VIN what do you mean by that?

I have a VIN (haven't picked up my vehicle yet) but are you referring to the last 6 numbers of the entire VIN? Mine would be in the 147XXX range.. does that mean my vehicle is not a 2019 vehicle?

Also for a 2019 model year would it be J or K in the VIN before the Fremont factory tag?

Yes, 185XXX VIN. I believe 2019 would be K.

You can decode your VIN here.

Ordered Dec 10, Blue LR AWD Aero AP. Feb 3 changed to white interior. Mid Feb got offered a 2018 demo car - no discount. Decided to wait for a 2019 car. Was told it would be here this quarter. 7 days left.....no VIN, no ETA and portal shows mid Dec estimate.....:confused: not impressed!

Ordered a LR AWD (midnight silver / black int / fsd) last week before the price increases. Got an immediate match, but then changed from 18's to 19's, so now looking like a wait until my configuration makes it to my area. pick up date is April 27, but I'm not sure if that is legit or just a place holder. Either way, I'm very excited!

Ordered a LR AWD (midnight silver / black int / fsd) last week before the price increases. Got an immediate match, but then changed from 18's to 19's, so now looking like a wait until my configuration makes it to my area. pick up date is April 27, but I'm not sure if that is legit or just a place holder. Either way, I'm very excited!

Your estimated delivery on your Tesla account page says April 27th? Did you mean to say March? I believe it’s possible it could take that long, but that would be, by far, the latest tentative date I’ve seen someone who ordered pre-price hike get. For instance, my situation is similar and my tentative date says March 31st.

I ordered a LR AWD (black, white interior, FSD) on March 15. Immediate match with delivery date of March 25, but for a 2018 VIN. I asked for a 2019 model instead and Tesla removed the VIN. On Saturday, Tesla updated the delivery date to March 31, but I have yet to receive a new VIN.

I ordered a LR AWD (black, white interior, FSD) on March 15. Immediate match with delivery date of March 25, but for a 2018 VIN. I asked for a 2019 model instead and Tesla removed the VIN. On Saturday, Tesla updated the delivery date to March 31, but I have yet to receive a new VIN.

Basically the same here, except I ordered a couple days before you and my exterior is blue. Funny thing is, my updated March 31 delivery date online says it’s coming at 2:00 AM.

Your estimated delivery on your Tesla account page says April 27th? Did you mean to say March? I believe it’s possible it could take that long, but that would be, by far, the latest tentative date I’ve seen someone who ordered pre-price hike get. For instance, my situation is similar and my tentative date says March 31st.

It's April 27th. They said there are none with 19" wheels in the south east, so I'm waiting for one to arrive.

• Informative
Reactions: shifteru
I ordered on march 8th

LR AWD
Midnight silver
19 inch sport wheels
Black interior
AP + FSD

I don't even have a match or a delivery date. So I don't know what is the matching logic or what component might delay the order. But now April 27th does not see too crazy unfortunately.

I'm in Montreal

In Vancouver, Canada - ordered my LR AWD (Gray, Black, 18" Aero, FSD) on March 8th - no VINs assigned or word yet.

Anyone with delivery news from the pacific north west area?

I ordered a red LR AWD /w white seats on March 3rd. On Friday the 22nd my Tesla account showed delivery date of March 29th, but when I called local delivery team they said that date was system generated and it might take longer, something about limited availability of batteries for LRs. No word since. Delivery communication on my trade-in quote and actual delivery timing has friendly, but definitely pulled from them not pushed to me as one might hope. I assume they are swamped trying to meeting their quarter end delivery targets.

I ordered a red LR AWD /w white seats on March 3rd. On Friday the 22nd my Tesla account showed delivery date of March 29th, but when I called local delivery team they said that date was system generated and it might take longer, something about limited availability of batteries for LRs. No word since. Delivery communication on my trade-in quote and actual delivery timing has friendly, but definitely pulled from them not pushed to me as one might hope. I assume they are swamped trying to meeting their quarter end delivery targets.

Forgot to add - I’m in Vancouver, BC too

My March 29th date is officially off. Received an email from an “inside sales advisor” in Toronto on my March 3rd order for a Vancouver BC delivered red LR AWD /w white interior:

“At this time, we are waiting for your vehicle to arrive to Vancouver to prepare the car for delivery. As of right now, your vehicle will not arrive in time for tentatively scheduled appointment of March 29th, as such we will need to cancel your delivery appointment.​

Your delivery advisor will reach out as soon as your vehicle arrives, at that time they will schedule an accurate appointment time for you.”​