TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

LR AWD Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tperugia, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Smoothoperator

I called my delivery center and spoke to my sales advisor. No questions asked they did it right away.

2. Smoothoperator

I just turned down another car with no offer of a discount and I'm in California.

3. thegamer36

thegamer36 Member

No discount yet for me. We will see, I have asked.

4. thegamer36

thegamer36 Member

Just heard back from the delivery manager and he said: Yes, so your current VIN has a price adjustment of $3,480.00. And your current odometer is 6 miles.

• Like x 1
  5. Byeehaaw

Byeehaaw Member

I was contacted this morning, but the sales rep said that he would look for something that fit my price point (which is around the 3.5k discount). Wonder how the search is. Would imagine he would have been able to search the system right then and there. I am waiting for him to see if he can find anything thats similar in price to my RWD LR order

6. diggity

diggity Member

Inventory seems to fluctuate which is interesting. Not sure if they are slowly releasing these into the wild. My rep was looking daily for specific color/feature combinations and one morning a white LR AWD w/ autopilot and 214 miles appeared for $4k off of msrp. Needless to say, I jumped on that.

7. Smoothoperator

I've been looking for my combo for about a month now and all SCs said nothing was available. Then a 2018 popped up yesterday for an exact match. Weird thing is that this VIN was listed on the inventory spreadsheet released last month.

8. diggity

diggity Member

Yeah, strangely bizarre. I also wonder if the search function they use isn't that great. I have to say though that the rep I worked with was really great. She was patient and went the extra mile to help find one that matched what I was looking for.

9. dlinsley

dlinsley Member

#109 dlinsley, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Woohoo, home delivery tentatively set for Saturday!

I originally ordered a LR AWD MCR/White/19/AP on March 4th, and last week the local store offered me a black interior that I turned down (neither of us like the wood trim). I asked today about other inventory AWD with white interior and they had one with my exact design except MSM instead of MCR. What helped was that the instore P3D was the same color and interior so I could check out how it looks.

It is a 2019, built Friday Jan 4th with 2.4 miles and a $670 discount from the MSM regular price.

10. Smoothoperator

I'm so envious that's the exact build I'm waiting for! Enjoy your car!

• Like x 1
  11. K-D-R

K-D-R Member

Ordered white/white LR AWD with 19" wheels and AP on 3/3. Got text just now that delivery is this Friday in Costa Mesa. 2019 VIN - fairly certain it's right off the assembly line.

12. Smoothoperator

That's my delivery center as well. If you remember could you ask and see if they're getting more white interiors in?

13. K-D-R

K-D-R Member

Will do.

14. Byeehaaw

Byeehaaw Member

Anyone trying to get an inventory model on east coast? My DA could only find 2.. how is that possible. Think they only showing me ones they could deliver before month end

15. Tomzob

Tomzob New Member

Just got a call today, offered a 2018 build test drive vehicle. Red/Black/18/FSD with a $4500 discount. I felt the discount was a good deal, so I have accepted the vin.

I did confirm with the rep that I could still review the car, have any issues fixed/reject the car if not up to par. Excited to see it!!

16. Star Platinum

Star Platinum New Member

I ordered 3/2 same config as yours with FSD, was told last week no match nationwide and that they'll have to do custom build. Got the text today as well which surprised me as they told me it could take a month. I gave them a call today and they reassured me it's 2019, not demo/service/rejected and on a truck from Fremont, but I'm surprised the VIN is so low at 192,610? What was your VIN if you don't mind me asking.

17. 82bert

82bert Member

As has been said many times, VINs are not sequential. Is there a J or K in the vin. If K, it’s a 2019 build.

18. K-D-R

K-D-R Member

Ha - we're within 20 cars of each other!

19. Star Platinum

Star Platinum New Member

Awesome! Doing any mods once you get your M3? I'm thinking 20% tint or lighter and PPF immediately after delivery, Kagu Maxpider mats, Kenriko white console wrap, a USB stick for dashcam/sentry.

20. Gordon87

Gordon87 Member

A few days after placing my order, I was offered a demo model, a late 12/2018 build of my exact configuration with less than 600 miles, with a healthy discount. Reading on these blogs of people who found problems when picking up there new cars, especially 2018 builds, I was very concerned. However, I picked up my car this afternoon. They prepped it, had it charged to over 90% (as I requested since the charging outlet won’t be installed in my garage for a few days) and made sure it had current software (Ver 9.0, 2019.5.15). I checked it out, inside and out, and could find no problems.

It was a great buying experience. One piece of advice: Check the numbers in the final sale agreement. Because of the discount, one of the tax line items in my sale agreement was slightly too high. They didn’t pass through the discounted price to the tax calculation, but I showed them the incorrect number and they immediately fixed it.

Good luck with your purchase.

• Like x 1