Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like everyone is getting discounts on 2018 builds but me. I wasn't offered anything and when I asked I got turned down. Now, I'm in TX so everything is being done online/remote since the "stores" here aren't really stores with inventory. I'm wondering if that's where the discounts are coming from since it seems most who get that offer are buying direct from a store.

I just turned down another car with no offer of a discount and I'm in California.

Seems like everyone is getting discounts on 2018 builds but me. I wasn't offered anything and when I asked I got turned down. Now, I'm in TX so everything is being done online/remote since the "stores" here aren't really stores with inventory. I'm wondering if that's where the discounts are coming from since it seems most who get that offer are buying direct from a store.

No discount yet for me. We will see, I have asked.

I was contacted this morning, but the sales rep said that he would look for something that fit my price point (which is around the 3.5k discount). Wonder how the search is. Would imagine he would have been able to search the system right then and there. I am waiting for him to see if he can find anything thats similar in price to my RWD LR order

Inventory seems to fluctuate which is interesting. Not sure if they are slowly releasing these into the wild. My rep was looking daily for specific color/feature combinations and one morning a white LR AWD w/ autopilot and 214 miles appeared for $4k off of msrp. Needless to say, I jumped on that.

Inventory seems to fluctuate which is interesting. Not sure if they are slowly releasing these into the wild. My rep was looking daily for specific color/feature combinations and one morning a white LR AWD w/ autopilot and 214 miles appeared for $4k off of msrp. Needless to say, I jumped on that.
I've been looking for my combo for about a month now and all SCs said nothing was available. Then a 2018 popped up yesterday for an exact match. Weird thing is that this VIN was listed on the inventory spreadsheet released last month.

Woohoo, home delivery tentatively set for Saturday!

I originally ordered a LR AWD MCR/White/19/AP on March 4th, and last week the local store offered me a black interior that I turned down (neither of us like the wood trim). I asked today about other inventory AWD with white interior and they had one with my exact design except MSM instead of MCR. What helped was that the instore P3D was the same color and interior so I could check out how it looks.

It is a 2019, built Friday Jan 4th with 2.4 miles and a $670 discount from the MSM regular price.

Last edited:
Just got a call today, offered a 2018 build test drive vehicle. Red/Black/18/FSD with a $4500 discount. I felt the discount was a good deal, so I have accepted the vin.

I did confirm with the rep that I could still review the car, have any issues fixed/reject the car if not up to par. Excited to see it!!

Ordered white/white LR AWD with 19" wheels and AP on 3/3. Got text just now that delivery is this Friday in Costa Mesa. 2019 VIN - fairly certain it's right off the assembly line.
I ordered 3/2 same config as yours with FSD, was told last week no match nationwide and that they'll have to do custom build. Got the text today as well which surprised me as they told me it could take a month. I gave them a call today and they reassured me it's 2019, not demo/service/rejected and on a truck from Fremont, but I'm surprised the VIN is so low at 192,610? What was your VIN if you don't mind me asking.

I ordered 3/2 same config as yours with FSD, was told last week no match nationwide and that they'll have to do custom build. Got the text today as well which surprised me as they told me it could take a month. I gave them a call today and they reassured me it's 2019, not demo/service/rejected and on a truck from Fremont, but I'm surprised the VIN is so low at 192,610? What was your VIN if you don't mind me asking.

Ha - we're within 20 cars of each other!

Just got a call today, offered a 2018 build test drive vehicle. Red/Black/18/FSD with a $4500 discount. I felt the discount was a good deal, so I have accepted the vin.

I did confirm with the rep that I could still review the car, have any issues fixed/reject the car if not up to par. Excited to see it!!

A few days after placing my order, I was offered a demo model, a late 12/2018 build of my exact configuration with less than 600 miles, with a healthy discount. Reading on these blogs of people who found problems when picking up there new cars, especially 2018 builds, I was very concerned. However, I picked up my car this afternoon. They prepped it, had it charged to over 90% (as I requested since the charging outlet won’t be installed in my garage for a few days) and made sure it had current software (Ver 9.0, 2019.5.15). I checked it out, inside and out, and could find no problems.

It was a great buying experience. One piece of advice: Check the numbers in the final sale agreement. Because of the discount, one of the tax line items in my sale agreement was slightly too high. They didn’t pass through the discounted price to the tax calculation, but I showed them the incorrect number and they immediately fixed it.

Good luck with your purchase.

Reactions: Scott7