Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call today and they said production has shifted from AWD to RWD since so many people were waiting on RWD, AWD will be scarce for a few months. Of course. o_O
That is a shame. I wish Tesla would, at least, be realistic about expected delivery dates. Those of us that are waiting should not have to hear things 3rd hand. Just got my charger installed today. I ordered a LR AWD with white interior on 3/21. Doesn't look like I'll have anything to plug into for a long time.

Reactions: neroden
I did get my car yesterday (Blue AWD), but I found out that it was just because I got lucky. I'm in Austin and someone in Houston had ordered it a while ago and then couldn't take delivery so it got reassigned to me. 2019 VIN built mid-March. Good luck everyone waiting! I hope yours come through soon!

Got a call today and they said production has shifted from AWD to RWD since so many people were waiting on RWD, AWD will be scarce for a few months. Of course. o_O

Hmm..super scary. I ordered on March 9th and I'm set up to be matched with a VIN in June (didn't want to take delivery until June). Hopefully this doesn't impact me. Not getting delivery by end of June could potentially be a dealbreaker and I'd have to cancel/return the car.

Ehh... I don't know that I believe "a few months". That seems quite ridiculous. Also, if you look at the order spreadsheet, if you can trust the VIN dates, it doesn't appear that they just do one type for extended periods, as there are several times where things like SR and LR are made within a day or two of each other, then swap back. If you look at the types of cars that haven't been delivered, there's a good mix of types, too. Doesn't suggest that they're really far behind on just one kind of car. Granted, the spreadsheet data is hardly complete, but as long as it's in the ballpark representative...

Went back into my Tesla Account page and the RN number is still there with no VIN number, but when I clicked Manage, the next page has the VIN number!!! Not sure how long it's been there. But it is a 2019 white/white LR AWD, 19" wheels. I ordered on 3/21 I wonder if my delivery date of next Thursday will hold up. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the car once you're assigned a VIN?

And now my local delivery person said that’s the first he’s heard of this and he’s not sure it’s true. I should be on track for a few weeks from now. I hate the Tesla rumor mill, hopefully I haven’t contributed to it. I’d be interested if anyone has heard anything similar about delays.

Ordered on March 24th LR AWD Black on Black Aero wheels.

Called Tesla today and they said that there is a batch of cars slated for Canada (my location) that is currently in production to fulfill orders.

Said to expect a VIN within a few weeks.

Hope it's not more than 3-4 weeks longer until delivery.

Ordered on Friday 5-Apr. Just got a call - my vehicle is on its way from California. They could’ve had it ready for me by the 16th, but I had to push to the 19th due to work travel. They’ll deliver to my home.

That’s all sorts of quick.

How in the heck? I ordered 3/27, blue/white LR AWD with aero and FSD and have heard crickets. And Texas is closer to CA than NJ!