Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you find out? Do they send you an e-mail or did you have to refresh the Tesla page constantly? I ordered on 5/20 the same as you, except with the sport wheels.
Oh you are in Boulder too! Very cool. I got a text. "Your model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled!" Then it goes on to give me a link to set up the appt for pick up. After that I went back to the Tesla site and noticed they added the VIN under my RN number.

Oh you are in Boulder too! Very cool. I got a text. "Your model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled!" Then it goes on to give me a link to set up the appt for pick up. After that I went back to the Tesla site and noticed they added the VIN under my RN number.

Same experience for me this morning. Im in SLC, the delivery advisory said the truck will reach SLC Sunday evening.

Reactions: Pommie
Nice! Hope it happens quickly for me too. Looks like the 19 inch sport wheels are causing the holdup- almost all of the recent inventory have the aero wheels.

Did you get an email from anyone at Tesla after you ordered welcoming you and giving you info on rebates and things? I forgot to use a referral code when ordering and called a local store and was connected with my advisor there. She helped me cancel and reorder so I could get the supercharging miles. She followed up with some emails about welcome and rebates and the like. I called her today to ask about scheduling the pick up on Friday and today and tomorrow are her days off, so I was on my own to call and arrange that. Still need a final number to take to the bank for the loan, no idea where to get that.

I live about 30 minutes from the factory, so that probably helped me too.

I ordered on 5/26, so not quite a one day turn around but no complaints here!

Just got my delivery date! If the car shows on the delivery date of 6/5, that will be a 13 day delivery. I called my local Tesla office and they said the car is still in Fremont. It sounded like the delivery date is a bit soft, but certainly good within a day or two. I'm happy!

Interesting information on orders (Configurations) of the Model 3 LR AWD Configuration. The sample of data is US orders only, Orders placed on or after 01 Mar 2019 and LR AWD. The data was collected from @Troy's Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet. Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Data filtered on 30 May 2019

1. N=160 (Number of data entries with delivers within the US with trim level "Model 3 LR AWD"
2. 84 Delivered
3. 49 Configured (No Vin assigned and no delivery date assigned)
4. 27 Scheduled for Delivery (Vin assigned)
5. 20 Avg # Days from Configuration to Delivery
6. 14 Avg # Days from Configuration to VIN assignment
7. 7 Avg # Days from VIN assignment to Delivery

Note Only US orders...

Finally got my vin assigned and delivery date, initially ordered april 22, and I had a vin matched w in 2 days to pick up on may 4. I wasnt able to pick up till june so called on may 28th to notify that I was good to get a vin matched and today 30th may, I got a vin and delivery date of june 6 in Jacksonville FL, Model 3 black, black, aero, FSD.

Just got my delivery date! If the car shows on the delivery date of 6/5, that will be a 13 day delivery. I called my local Tesla office and they said the car is still in Fremont. It sounded like the delivery date is a bit soft, but certainly good within a day or two. I'm happy!

Awesome!! Congrats!

As long as I get my loan stuff taken care of in time, I'm due to pick mine up tomorrow afternoon.

I'm officially no longer welcome here in the WAITING room and couldn't be happier.:eek::D:D:D (Sweet) Bittersweet day yesterday. Owned my ELR for about 2 years and loved every minute of it. Still a stunning beauty and even looks like a “fresh” design that is holding up very well.

It is just time to move from the beautiful “Blackberry” to modern and a forward looking “iPhone”. And YESTERDAY was the DAY.:p Hang in there guys because it will happen and well worth it.;)
IMG_0507.jpg
IMG_0513.jpg
IMG_0523.jpg

Don't hold your breath. I hope they meet that date, but mine was pushed a week and now it is scheduled for 6/3. As of yesterday, it is still in Freemont so no idea when I will actually get my car.

Last edited:
Just ordered mine today 5/28

Long Range AWD
Pearl White
Aero Wheels
Black Interior

As long as I get it before the end of June I’m happy.

That was fast!

I received the text and went to schedule my date. The dates available ( June 7-9 ) didn't work for me so I called the store I will be picking it up from. She was able to set me up with a date that worked for me ( June 10 ).

I also inquired about the VIN / MVPA so I could get that information over to the credit union for the loan and within a couple minutes it was in my inbox. I just uploaded it to the credit union website.

Everything is almost going too smooth so far...

Same experience for me this morning. Im in SLC, the delivery advisory said the truck will reach SLC Sunday evening.

Hey guys...I am new to the forum but wanted to post my experience...it has been quite a whirlwind since yesterday. I was in the habit of checking local inventory several times per day to see if I would be lucky enough to have the configuration I was looking for pop up. If I didn't find the car I wanted by June 1st I was going to roll the dice placing a custom order and hope the car arrived before June 30th. Well, it finally paid off because yesterday afternoon, the exact configuration I was searching for popped up in local inventory.

I quickly picked the "Buy It Now" option and the car was added to my account, but the VIN was nowhere to be found. To be clear, the VIN was displayed when the car was shown in Inventory, but it was not listed in my "Manage" page. This morning I received a text saying "Your model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled!". I followed the link and set the appointment for Monday, June 3rd and when I went back to my account page the VIN number magically appeared. Stay vigilant guys and gals, the inventory changes frequently and rapidly. Some cars are snatched up in less than an hour.

BTW...I ordered the Long Range Dual Motor in MSM + White Interior + Aero Wheels (NO FSD).

Got a VIN yesterday (5/30). LR AWD MSM/Black 18" ordered on 5/18. I reached out to my DA about production date and HW3 and he said it rolled off the factory line on 5/30 and definitely has HW3. Cool to see I got a VIN assigned as soon as it came out of the factory. Tentative delivery for 6/7. Hopefully that holds up.