Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also put an order in for a white/white LR AWD on 6/16 at 2pm but still no word from Tesla. At what point should I start to get nervous?
We we're called within a few hours after clicking buy my Tesla. I believe the site says 24/ 48 hrs. So I'd go into the Tesla app look for manage my vehicle. Check if there's a order# over the avatar of your car. Scroll down and look for any "complete this step" flags. Near the bottom, look for a VIN#.
If any of these aren't showing, redo your build and let the OA that calls know what happened. I think they deal with this often so shouldn't be too big a deal. Good luck

Since you are in San Jose, no need to get nervous until 6/28, IMO. See my stats above for a Seattle delivery. Since they know you are local, they will likely deliver your car close to the 6/30 deadline. That's what I would do if I were Tesla, for business reasons...

Good news. I just got the VIN call and my white/white LR AWD with Aero wheels will be home delivered on the 27th most likely. I put the order in on June 16th.

Reactions: SMAlset and jebinc
Good news. I just got the VIN call and my white/white LR AWD with Aero wheels will be home delivered on the 27th most likely. I put the order in on June 16th.
That gives me hope! I’ve been checking the app/website every 30 minutes for the last week, haha. My sales rep told me that I got matched with a VIN today, but still haven’t seen it appear in the account.

As someone else mentioned, I’m not surprised that the CA deliveries are last in the queue, but the wait is brutal!

Reactions: SMAlset
Ordered my LR AWD today:
- Solid Black
- 19" weels
- Tow hook

Very excited since we have been wanting a Tesla since before the Model S was released (and visited the HQ in Palo Alto).

Tow hitch or hook? The hook comes with all cars for being towed when disabled. Not the same as a hitch to pull a trailer. Think that is planned for the Y but not the 3 yet or is this something for Europe first?

Congrats btw! What kind of delivery date are they giving for your area? July-August?

Tow hitch or hook? The hook comes with all cars for being towed when disabled. Not the same as a hitch to pull a trailer. Think that is planned for the Y but not the 3 yet or is this something for Europe first?

Congrats btw! What kind of delivery date are they giving for your area? July-August?

I believe the Model 3 in Europe gets the option of a tow hitch. It needs to be a factory order, not a SC add-on. Not yet available in the US.

Yes the tow hitch was an option when I put my UK order in. I'm very envious of how quickly all our U.S. friends are getting their deliveries when ordering 2-3 weeks ago! It makes sense to push orders out closer to home given it's almost end of the quarter.

Fingers crossed after this mad week we get confirmation of another boat load heading for Europe... :-D

Reactions: Kleenerth3

Sorry of course I meant tow hitch.

While configuring it still said June as delivery but I assume that will not be the case. Nothing mentioned on my account.

• Informative
6/18 - ordered late night with white/white LR AWD with aeros
6/26 - received a call from Tesla indicating my car is coming out of production
6/28 - received a call from Tesla that my car with exact spec can't be guaranteed. Offered 19" wheels for free with black interior instead thus netting us $2,500 less price. We accepted the offer

Delivery to be either tomorrow or Sunday.

• Love
Reactions: SMAlset and 3Sweet
I have black interior in my Model 3 and the white came out just after I placed my order and could have switched at that time. Still had months to wait before my car was built. We have black in our MS (we're more low maintenance type of people) and I think the black is just lower maintenance. Only thing I notice is the occasional lint or crumbs that will accumulate in the seams and no worries with blue jeans ever (have seen some posts where people have noticed a blue shading on their seats). I really love the look of the white seats but still very happy with the black and wouldn't change now if I could. I also like that the black creates a darker interior and easier on the eyes in bright sunlight. A/C in the car is great so even with black interior the car cools down quickly and there's also cabin overheat protection and pre-cooling available if you live in a really hot summer zone. It's clearly a personal decision though.

Reactions: samcvan
Just took the delivery, experience was fabulous just some minor paint issues that were noted.
only disappointment was Homelink.

Ordered 06/12
Car built date 06/19
Delivery 06/28

Got software version v9.0 (2019.15.103 .....) do I need to update it if so how?

Last edited:
B22A5E1F-F029-4A24-B2D3-2ACB42DC3D65.jpeg
Got the text I was waiting for today. Ordered on June 18th, around noon central. Text said it was enroute today around noon. Taking delivery on Friday the 28th (delay on my end, not Tesla’s). Incredible!

From ordering on June 18th to driving home after deliver 10 days later, nothing but pleased here. Very nice delivery experience and I haven’t been able to stop smiling when driving the car. The folls

Reactions: SMAlset and Jazz3D
Was it easy for you to accept a black interior? I'm not judging but really curious how hard it was far you. I know you get 2500 but if you keep the car for 5 years it's just 500 per year and you must have had your reason when you chose to pay more to get the white.

We really wanted white (thus paying extra) but at the same time, we have a 3 year old and a dog. From practicality perspective, we wouldn't mind black interior from maintenance perspective. From aesthetic perspective, we like white better but not like we will like the car less. Besides, after a few days, we will forget about anyways. The savings wouldn't make or break for us, but it's still an incentive nonetheless.

Reactions: SMAlset and samcvan