Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine on 6/25 in the evening and got a txt the next morning thanking me for updating my delivery profile and that they would reach out as soon as they have a VIN assigned. As of today nothing yet but I bet the end of June tax break deadline will cause a little bit of delay. I also wonder how much location determines time frames. I'm in SW Missouri but will pickup in St. Louis(yes KC is closer but I have family up in SL I can visit also). Good luck to everyone and wish they made a patch for patience :) Cheers!

UPDATE: When the price dropped I decided to upgrade to performance(called and ended up talking with Kansas City, MO center) and after a few days of not seeing that upgrade in the app. I called back(KC-very helpful, hard to get a hold of anyone in St. Louis where I'm picking up the car). There was some confusion and my update didn't happen. I received a txt a few days later to setup pickup for Aug 3. Yay! The bank(via Tesla-US Bank, NA) might have to run another credit check since it will be 30 days since first one. St. Louis called to touch base and I asked to see if I could get the HomeLink garage door kit installed before I drive 4 hrs to pick it up(I live in SW MO). I was told to order it online(you need a VIN for this and it was sent via email) and it would get sent to the service center of choice(in this case Chesterfield(St. Louis). I seriously doubt it arrives on time but pretty sure they can come to the house and install it later(I think they get sent out from Springfield, MO area as I've heard from a Model S owner in town) so not a huge problem. I will say when I ordered it didn't have a place to input a VIN and had to order it as no VIN yet/ gift in the drop down list. So heads up that I received and email not long after that it needed a VIN and I had to respond to it with the VIN supplied. Today(7/29) I got confirmation on the order. Not really 2 weeks but I did change the order and just looking forward to Saturday.

Finally placed my order today July 27th. Red with white interior. 18" wheels and FSD.
No VIN number. I suspect its going to be a while before I get a VIN as this will very likely be a custom build.
I hope it's ready in a month.

Update: Got a text message this morning with a link to schedule delivery. First available delivery date was 8/15.
I am very surprised at the speed of this ... I was expecting a much longer wait for white interior. Looks like its getting shipped from Fremont to my local SC. I have no VIN in source ... so not getting to excited until i see a VIN someplace.

I'm not sure where to ask this but I'll try here.

I'm almost 80, 90... 95% sure that I want a Model 3. I've been torn between a new 3 and a used S as many others but the pro list for the 3 keeps getting bigger.

Having said that, if I place an order for a 3, how much time do I have to decide that I will indeed go through with it? As soon as I get my VIN or even after? I've been sitting on my hands for some time now basically convincing myself to wait, maybe, just maybe a good deal for an S will pop up (by good deal I mean a facelift 75D not black/grey for $45k from private party).

They moved my delivery up 2 days, we pick up the new car tomorrow. The bank was a scramble because tesla didn’t have paperwork ready. I called Fremont and they said that the trade in was not marked as confirmed in the system so the documents didn’t generate. After my call I had everything’s within minutes and bank got our check together to take in tomorrow afternoon.

I'm not sure where to ask this but I'll try here.

I'm almost 80, 90... 95% sure that I want a Model 3. I've been torn between a new 3 and a used S as many others but the pro list for the 3 keeps getting bigger.

Having said that, if I place an order for a 3, how much time do I have to decide that I will indeed go through with it? As soon as I get my VIN or even after? I've been sitting on my hands for some time now basically convincing myself to wait, maybe, just maybe a good deal for an S will pop up (by good deal I mean a facelift 75D not black/grey for $45k from private party).

Place the order online rather than going to through someone in sales at a SC.

You will have plenty of time to cancel after configuring and plenty of time after delivery too. You get 7 days after delivery to decide if you keep it but getting any money back will take a while though. Getting a VIN for some configurations is taking some time (more than a week).

If you are accustomed luxury interior then a used model S might suite you better. I would not describe M3 as luxurious. I also wouldn’t take an old S with HW1.