Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit late to the party, but in the waiting room nonetheless. Really hoping for delivery before I leave town on the 17th of December... will be gone through Jan 1 so if it doesn't make it by then then I am out of luck with the rebate. Website said 5-9 weeks... fingers crossed for all of us!

LR AWD
MSM
White Interior
Aero Wheels
IMG_0282.png

A bit late to the party, but in the waiting room nonetheless. Really hoping for delivery before I leave town on the 17th of December... will be gone through Jan 1 so if it doesn't make it by then then I am out of luck with the rebate. Website said 5-9 weeks... fingers crossed for all of us!

LR AWD
MSM
White Interior
Aero WheelsView attachment 470507
In the exact same boat.. I have 1 week in December where I'm I'm town. Hoping the delivery is then.

Middle-aged here, and I’m goin’ with the red myself. :cool:

MSM/Grey is more for status-seekers and conservative folks, IMO. It’s a color that says, ‘expensive car’.
How does the more muted conservative grey color communicate “status seeker” or “expensive car” relative to the other colors?

I personally associate Tesla with innovation and technology, but for a lot of people I think Tesla still translates to an expensive/fancy car (regardless of the color). They are not necessarily wrong, but I think a lot of people think the Model 3’s are more expensive than they are.

why are people passing up on FSD -- thats the tech that separates tesla from other luxury brands ..
I'm back and forth on it because I feel $6,000 is way too much for beta software. Even if it was finished, full self driving isn't worth that much to me.

That being said, it's pretty cool tech and I love new tech. It's currently on my order, but we'll see if I keep it before I take delivery.

Cause right now you don’t get value for your money on FSD.
Love AP don’t see much added benefit FSD brings currently.
The only reason to buy now is a.) support the company’s vision or b.) if you feel the price will increase significantly later.
I agree. If FSD worked today I would almost certainly buy it. However, Elon has been promising FSD is imminent for years. These cars may one day be appreciating assets, but right now they (like any other car) are very quickly depreciating assets. Spending another 6k on my car for the current features, on Elon’s promise that FSD is coming soon, just isn’t worth it to me. If I spent another 6k now and it took another 3 years for FSD features to materialize, I would be pretty disappointed.