Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why are people passing up on FSD -- thats the tech that separates tesla from other luxury brands ..

I don’t see myself ever letting go and trusting a car to make all my decisions. The only self driving feature I would use is parking. And that’s not worth $6000.

Enhanced autopilot already includes traffic aware cruise control and auto steering. That’s all I would probably use anyway.

why are people passing up on FSD -- thats the tech that separates tesla from other luxury brands ..

This is my first post. I just placed my order yesterday (10/26) for LR AWD. I’m beyond excited. I did not pay for FSD.

I’ll use auto pilot but I don’t think I would use the FSD features very often. Certainly not enough to justify the price. Down the road if additional features are added I can always pay for it later.

I read that less than half of cars being sold have FSD. I’m not surprised. I’d pay for the performance model before paying for FSD.

First post here!

Ordered on 10/16 hours before they changed pricing and delivery estimates.
RN# 62,xxx

Model 3 AWD
Pearl white
Black interior
19” wheels
FSD

Still waiting for VIN and still shows 2 weeks estimates (guessing that will change soon).

Been struggling with deciding between FSD or switching to the performance model. I really don’t want 20” wheels since there are so many potholes around here.

You ordered a day before me and have your vin.. gives me hope.

To find vin, do you just view the source on your vehicle page and search for 5yj?

Yup! @Tunis got his so early! I'm lurking on the LR AWD thread, but ordered a P3D+ on 10/14. Doesn't look to be happening anytime soon.

Congrats and pay attention to your car at delivery! Not to be a downer, but don't let the happiness excuse any of Tesla's QA issues!

hmm -- thanks to everyone who responded about why they are not buying FSD .. made me think about how i see that feature.

i personally dont think that we'll see full autonomous self driving anytime soon from tesla.. (like level 4 or 5 self driving).. -- what we will see is really good and often improved highways and city driving .. (with supervision).

i dont really want the car driving on the streets for me -- but i definately want to see the highway navigation get better and better..

i guess for me its worth the $6k price of admission to see tesla go down this road .. --- i'm a technologist at heart, and it was this alone that got me to buy the m3 -- i dont even need the highway driving, my commute is 4 miles each way on city streets .. but i have a feeling that this space is going to make big moves in the next 5 years and i want a front row seat to it.

Do I have to enter my payment information to get my vin? I was pre-approved by my bank, but I thought I was supposed to wait until I have a delivery date to finalize the loan.

My understanding as it was explained by a rep to me is they are not related - you putting in the financing info does not impact whether they cycle and assign you a vin

What I would do if I were you is wait until you do get concrete delivery info l if you’re doing any sort of trade in or financing with Tesla. They cancel out their offers after a month and make you redo it.

So if you did it today, and you didn’t get delivery within 4 weeks, you’d be reapplying all over again and likely getting different trade in offer if you’ve put miles on it

Hi! I just placed an order for a pretty standard LR AWD M3 - wanted to try to get it before the end of the year.

I updated my delivery location because I figured they might need to know that to give me a delivery estimate, but I'm assuming that everything else can wait for a while? We haven't decided how we'll pay for it, and I'll have a trade in, but is there anything else I need to make sure that I'm in the system appropriately?

I'm so excited! I've been obsessed with the M3 since I took an acquaintance's car on about a 3 minute test drive. That's all it took...

Reactions: FutureShock
Switched my order to DSM.. wife and I saw one and loved it. The blue is awesome too, but can't argue with DSM.

Also re-added FSD. I wonder how many times I can add/remove it before I get yelled at or it locks down.
Dude.. I've done the same thing... Added and re-added FSD so many times it's ridiculous. It's a hard thing to commit to because it's great but also not super practical but yet an amazing party trick to have the car come pick you up not to mention it will get better over the years so you hate to not get it now and then Tesla adds something insane in the next 6 months and you regret the decision.