Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the workshop email for Chicago two days ago. No set dates just days of the week though.

We are offering Workshops in the following locations:
Ø Chicago (West Grand): Mondays and Wednesdays, 5 PM – 6 PM
Ø Westmont: Wednesdays 6 PM – 7 PM, and Saturdays 9 AM – 10 AM
Ø Oak Brook: Mondays and Thursdays 5 PM – 6 PM, through November 25
Ø Northwest Suburbs (Schaumburg): Mondays 6 PM – 7 PM, Saturdays 10 AM – 11 AM
Ø Highland Park: Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM

Guess it's still gonna be awhile until delivery...

They won’t let a friend or family member take delivery if you inform Tesla in advance? :(
They would if I filed the right paperwork. My brother offered up, but honestly, that's a lot of pressure to put on someone. I know if my brother went and got it, and on the way home it got dinged for some reason or he missed something at delivery, he'd feel super guilty about it. I don't want to put that on him for what's essentially a first world problem for me.

I'm really bummed about my delivery.. I can't take delivery in December at all, which means I likely won't get the car now until next year. That's $2k I've lost out on and more waiting.
Have you asked Tesla if you can pay for and take title once you have aVIN, and a still defer delivery? It's ownership that entitles you to the tax rebate. Also, are you worrying too much about your brother dinging? I have several brothers, and that would simply be a matter of selection and, of course, time of day. Which is, again, selection.

Have you asked Tesla if you can pay for and take title once you have aVIN, and a still defer delivery? It's ownership that entitles you to the tax rebate. Also, are you worrying too much about your brother dinging? I have several brothers, and that would simply be a matter of selection and, of course, time of day. Which is, again, selection.
I asked my sales person and she told me they could hold it for a few days, but that's it. I'm gone almost all of December. 3 weeks work, then flying to meet my wife's family in PA.

Might be able to cut the work trip short, but I'm on another continent for first two weeks so that's not happening.

As for my brother, I trust him. I just don't want to put that pressure on him.

I asked my sales person and she told me they could hold it for a few days, but that's it. I'm gone almost all of December. 3 weeks work, then flying to meet my wife's family in PA.

Might be able to cut the work trip short, but I'm on another continent for first two weeks so that's not happening.

As for my brother, I trust him. I just don't want to put that pressure on him.

Tell them to deliver it to Denver. I'll take it for you. I'll only drive it to work (and maybe to the mountains once). I'll keep it garaged and I'll even wash and fill the tank for you before you come get it.... Oh wait, scratch that last part :)