Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I equate it to waiting in line at Disneyland.....you make it past the first waiting area (source vin) to get put in another waiting area (delivery). It's right out of the old playbook. Make em wait and then make em wait some more before 60 seconds of pure bliss. It's going to happen soon!!! Hardest part is the obsession. Agreed!
To be fair to Tesla, I did get updates the whole way thru and even got a call from the delivery mgr to go over my details and delivery schedule which was ASAP. He moved me to the top and said probably by Dec. 4th. I was told Dec. 14th from the very beginning.

Whats the typical time between vin in source and delivery? What kind of delivery window do you usually have, choice between 3 days for example?
Some are faster than others according to data in spreadsheet. I got source vin nov. 28 and was told my delivery window is Dec. 4-10 and it will probably be sooner than later. I'm hoping for a call today or tomorrow. My vin still has not shown up on my account page only in source. back to waiting...

I finally have a delivery date! I 10/17/19, found the VIN in source on 11/26/19 and found a delivery date / time of 12/16 4PM on my page this morning. VIN still doesn't show on my page. My original mvpa was corrupt so I had to reach out & have them email it to me - now my page has two mvpa links - one corrupt & one that works. I requested a delivery date through email but they told me "around 12/14, someone will reach out". However, this morning the delivery date & time are noted between the Update Autopilot & Reqeust a Change buttons on my page. They are working to match CarMax trade in value, then I'll be ready to go! Hope this info helps others who are (im)patiently waiting.
Deep Blue Metallic, AWD, FSD, 18" wheels picking up at Mt. Kisco, NY
Similar thing, I have VIN in source code, but not on the Tesla account where they have given me a Delivery Date of 14/12.
My mvpa has never opened at all. I don’t even know what those initials stand for

• Funny
Reactions: rjsully04
Whats the typical time between vin in source and delivery? What kind of delivery window do you usually have, choice between 3 days for example?
I was only offered 1 date for pickup. I asked for a day early and they said the set date is the soonest.

I believe you have 3 days to pickup within that set date. Otherwise that car will go to someone else.

Reactions: starboarder
Hello all. I just ordered my LR AWD here in Texas 11/29. Guess I won’t get my hopes up for the quoted 3 - 5 weeks delivery it showed online! Finally decided to part with my ZL1 Camaro for my M3. So excited but from the sound of things here it may be a little longer than that estimate. Seems like it’s worth the wait though. Ordered the basic LR AWD (Pearl White, 18” Aero wheels, black interior, no FSD).

Reactions: Bblsttx
Alright folks. Long time lurker first time poster here. My VIN as well as delivery date popped up this morning on my account. Below are my details.

Config Date: 10/25/2019
Config Details: LR AWD, Pearl White, 18" Aero, Black interior, FSD
VIN Date: Today morning (12/1). May have popped up yesterday but couldn't check it.
Scheduled Delivery Date: 12/7/2019
Financing: Through Tesla lending
Overall experience so far: Very good.

Going to be difficult 6 nights starting today. Will come back and post my delivery experience et al.,

To be fair to Tesla, I did get updates the whole way thru and even got a call from the delivery mgr to go over my details and delivery schedule which was ASAP. He moved me to the top and said probably by Dec. 4th. I was told Dec. 14th from the very beginning.
Actually you appear to have gotten lucky with your SA. I ordered 10/7 and am now at 8 weeks even though my account page still says 2 weeks (so I guess I've been told 10/21 all along). My SA has consistently varied between unhelpful and nonresponsive. The more I read here the whole SA thing looks like a random chance thing where you might get one that knows something or one that will tell you something and the only useful one is the one who fits in both buckets.

Got vibn Friday 11/29. Today I got appt texted for delivery on Tuesday 12/3

My dilemma is that I need to move money to pay, not sure the money will be in place by Tuesday

Was hoping for 3-4 working days heads up before delivery.. going to try and see if I can speed up money movement... Not moving appt yet, but hoping previous poster is right about having a few days window to take possession, in case money is delayed

Reactions: house9
maybe this gives some hope, maybe not -- got a call from the delivery center at bellevue .. the car arrived early and i have been bumped up to take delivery tomorrow 12/2.

decided to just take the tesla loan and then pay it off when my money arrives, this way i get the car and can not worry about loosing the allocation.

Reactions: Clh79