Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q6yRidadtwcMW9rq7

I wish this could be the last time. but no VIN.
Ordered 12/1
San Diego

Ugh I've had VIN in source since at least 12/5, still no contact. I'm a patient person but really, it's almost 6 weeks since I ordered!

It's funny to me that we're all practically begging for Tesla to let us give them a ton of money on a new car. Contrast that to any other time that I've bought a car, where salesmen won't stop calling/mailing/texting me to nag me into a vehicle. Good luck on getting yours soon!

I've had it up to here with my local SA. I have been receiving texts from an automated Tesla number telling me to finish my profile, but my SA had told me to wait to apply for financing. I e-mailed him and asked him whether I needed to apply to financing to get matched to a VIN last week and he said, "The steps are: 1) You get a VIN. 2) You have 3 days to upload all finance info and docs...", so I did not apply for financing (yet).

Today he tells me the reason I haven't gotten a VIN yet is because I haven't uploaded financing. This is pretty frustrating since it sounds like I have been prevented from getting matched to a VIN for a week now.

I've had it up to here with my local SA. I have been receiving texts from an automated Tesla number telling me to finish my profile, but my SA had told me to wait to apply for financing. I e-mailed him and asked him whether I needed to apply to financing to get matched to a VIN last week and he said, "The steps are: 1) You get a VIN. 2) You have 3 days to upload all finance info and docs...", so I did not apply for financing (yet).

Today he tells me the reason I haven't gotten a VIN yet is because I haven't uploaded financing. This is pretty frustrating since it sounds like I have been prevented from getting matched to a VIN for a week now.
You don't need to do anything with financing in order to get a VIN. I believe at some point they mentioned preferential treatment towards people that had already "paid" for their cars as far as being assigned a VIN, but I'm not sure how true that has been in practice.

Today there are several "new" model 3's in existing inventory for Southern California but all have odometers of 1,000+ miles. Are these demo vehicles they are getting rid of? If so, why would they be considered new? Does that mean they are eligible for the tax credit still?

Also, why would there be 'new' vehicles in inventory if people who ordered a while ago haven't been matched to a vehicle yet? I'd think everyone would be matched a car before new inventory shows up on the website?

You don't need to do anything with financing in order to get a VIN. I believe at some point they mentioned preferential treatment towards people that had already "paid" for their cars as far as being assigned a VIN, but I'm not sure how true that has been in practice.

I did what I should have done long ago and called my local delivery / service center (as opposed to the auxiliary sales center). The Ops Advisor I spoke to was AWESOME. Completely restored my faith in the company. (Not kidding, and I rarely say stuff like that.)

Reactions: house9
@appleplease May I know what your URL is when you go to source code page. Just wondering if there will be any difference in URL for people who has VIN in source code vs people who doesn't.
Well at least your SA told you about expecting the car in 7-10 days. You placed your order well after mine 11/7 (mine) vs 11/30 (yours) so that should keep you happy and satisfied. My SA was unsure but just said VIN in 1-1.5 weeks. Hope he meant the car itself;)

Hi all. Ordered 12/4 19 in Midnight Silver, White interior LR AWD. Received purchase agreement with VIN on 12/7, delivery is scheduled for 12/12. I'm in Washington State.

Sounds like someone cancelled close to delivery and your order was a perfect match. At least that's what I hope it is. Anything else would be illogical (waiting since 11/22, but that ain't quite as bad as others waiting since mid October).

Congratulations and enjoy the car.

Reactions: giantshark18
To the folks waiting for delivery in Utah: I attended the new owner orientation this evening at the Tesla Sales Center in SLC. The one piece of valuable information for me was that Mike, the guy who was leading the orientation, and seemed to be management at the Sales Center, said they will be receiving 200 cars a week for the next 3 weeks, so they are going to be moving a LOT of them. There were about 30 people attending, and it sounds like they're planning on delivering about 100 cars per week through the end of the year. He was VERY confident that everyone who had already ordered would be receiving their cars. Here's hoping it's true! :)

Reactions: ambient
To the folks waiting for delivery in Utah: I attended the new owner orientation this evening at the Tesla Sales Center in SLC. The one piece of valuable information for me was that Mike, the guy who was leading the orientation, and seemed to be management at the Sales Center, said they will be receiving 200 cars a week for the next 3 weeks, so they are going to be moving a LOT of them. There were about 30 people attending, and it sounds like they're planning on delivering about 100 cars per week through the end of the year. He was VERY confident that everyone who had already ordered would be receiving their cars. Here's hoping it's true! :)

I went to the orientation at the Delivery Center in Carlsbad, CA on Nov 17th. There were probably 300 people there. It was the first weekend they were doing orientations, and they were doing them for most of the weekends through the end of the year. They were very up front in saying everyone would get their cars in the second half of December. They were also candid about the fact that the orientation was the time to ask questions as delivery time slots would only be 15 minutes.

Reactions: ambient and AC2DC