Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a SR+ in early November. Was tired of waiting and had been thinking about the multiple benefits of ordering the LR AWD. Called Costa Mesa delivery center and they offered me the showroom model with 14 miles at ~$2k off. I picked it up this afternoon! If you are okay with getting a 2019 car vs 2020 and are okay with getting a car that a bunch of people sat in for a couple of months, you can check with your delivery center to see if they have showroom models available.

My car is a LR AWD MSM White interior and 19” wheels

• Pickup was less than ideal. I still don’t have a charger from them and had to remind them to give me a frunk mat. I wonder what else I am supposed to get that they may have forgotten to give me. Does someone have a list of all the things we are supposed to receive with the car?
How much was it out the door?

That is great news! Thank you!

With that said, am I the only one that ordered accessories before even having the car? :D
I ordered accessories and even had the nema 14-50 adapter installed before I saw a VIN in source code. So, yeah, we are all in it together. I'm taking delivery 12/18, so good thing I didn't wait to order stuff or install charger. Tesla shop/FedEx are so damn slow, it's taking them two weeks to deliver the nema adapter I ordered -- it's arriving on 12/18.

Hello Everyone,
Have been reading all the comments for the past couple of weeks and have learnt a lot. Just changed the order from SRplus to LR Dual motor just now.
Original order 11/24:
SR+ White/Black interior with Aero wheels and FSD
Modified order 12/15:
Long Range Dual motor with Aero wheels and FSD
Wondering if I will miss delivery this year as the SA said he cannot guarantee delivery by 31st. Keeping my fingers crossed

Same. I have all the accessories waiting for my delivery. Excited for delivery on Dec 23. Just sold my Jeep Cherokee two days ago.

A friend of ours on Long Island NY got delivery set for 12/23 too (AW LR MSM black interior--think he went with 18 aeros and ordered near end of November). He's excited, first electric car, and still has things to arrange at home for charging. Will you be "home" charging? I'm sure electricians prefer warmer weather to work in. He still has to decide on HPWC or NEMA 14-50 route so figuring he'll be making use of some nearby Superchargers for a short period of time. For him at least next Monday looks like cold but partly cloudy weather with rain and snow that weekend beforehand. See that part of the country looks to have similar weather.

Trying to get him up to speed on all things Tesla and just sent him a link to a support page that appeared in our Tesla app Inbox on winterizing your vehicle. Thought I'd share: Winter Driving Tips. Also wanted to mention to first time Tesla drivers in winter with snowy or icy conditions that Tesla recommends using the LOW setting on Regen braking instead of Standard for better traction and vehicle stability. Manual Page 62: "Warning: In snowy or icy conditions Model 3 may experience traction loss during regenerative braking, particularly when in the Standard setting and/or not using winter tires. Tesla recommends using the Low setting (see To Set the Regenerative Braking Level on page 62) in snowy or icy conditions to help maintain vehicle stability".

Since Tesla is a high tech car, hope everyone waiting for delivery is reading through the Manual. https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

Wish you both well in your delivery.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Bblsttx