Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no update after VIN discovered in source yesterday. I'm not sure if I should be expecting a call or text soon or if I'm supposed to start calling my delivery location and ask what's up.

Ordered 12/9, VIN in source 12/18. Blue/Black, 18", no FSD, pickup in Westmont, IL.

I picked up my car yesterday from Westmont and I ordered 10/19. After the first month of silence, I went in to the store and they told me I should have had a Vin and to expect one in the next day or so. Two days later Vin in source code. Two more days text to set up delivery. Dates for delivery were two weeks away. Grabbed the 10:30 am slot to avoid the crowds/wait. A couple of days later Vin shows on my account page. The two weeks went by with no communication and I finally called the delivery center the day before delivery and left a voicemail making sure delivery was still on. Not even two minutes after hanging up the phone I get a text asking me to confirm my delivery for the next day. Showed up yesterday about 15 minutes early and was helped right away. My car was out front charging and my da had me go out and inspect the car while he went and got the paper work. Car was in good ordered. Small alignment issue with a chrome piece that was documented. Went in, signed the papers, and off I went. So ultimately I never talked to a human at Tesla other than the time I went in to inquire. If you have a Vin I'm sure you will get your car this year. They are extremely busy. Just be on the lookout for a text and grab an early delivery time. :D

Update : For the first time in weeks was able to get an email returned, rescheduled for later in the day on the 22nd!

(Hopefully) Final Timeline
Order Date : 10/25/19
Delivery Availability Email : 12/16/19 (AM)
VIN in Source : 12/16/19 (PM)
In Transit/Schedule Delivery Text : 12/18/19
VIN on Main Page : 12/19/19
Delivery Date Assigned : 12/19/19
Scheduled Delivery Date : 12/22/19

Hopefully that timeline info is helpful to someone, excited to pickup my car, but trying not to get too excited in case something goes awry.

10/25 Order date in Seattle, got a text this am for an 11am appointment on Sunday the 22nd - this was after I got the text to schedule a time yesterday, where immediately all the times were filled :rolleyes:. Trying to get a hold of anyone who can help me reschedule, VM is full at the service center, and haven't received a text back from my SA since about 3 weeks ago. I guess we'll see what happens if I no-show. I'm taking my kids to a Christmas show (annual tradition) and I'm not going to bow out for a car.

Reactions: scribbles
I picked up my car yesterday from Westmont and I ordered 10/19. After the first month of silence, I went in to the store and they told me I should have had a Vin and to expect one in the next day or so. Two days later Vin in source code. Two more days text to set up delivery. Dates for delivery were two weeks away. Grabbed the 10:30 am slot to avoid the crowds/wait. A couple of days later Vin shows on my account page. The two weeks went by with no communication and I finally called the delivery center the day before delivery and left a voicemail making sure delivery was still on. Not even two minutes after hanging up the phone I get a text asking me to confirm my delivery for the next day. Showed up yesterday about 15 minutes early and was helped right away. My car was out front charging and my da had me go out and inspect the car while he went and got the paper work. Car was in good ordered. Small alignment issue with a chrome piece that was documented. Went in, signed the papers, and off I went. So ultimately I never talked to a human at Tesla other than the time I went in to inquire. If you have a Vin I'm sure you will get your car this year. They are extremely busy. Just be on the lookout for a text and grab an early delivery time. :D

My hope is that tomorrow I'll get the text since I'm seeing a lot of people saying 2 days from VIN in source to text. I'm crossing my fingers to have a text tomorrow. It would be nice to get the car by EoY but I'm also between vehicles right now and driving a family loaner which I would really like to give back. :)

My phone vibrates.. its just my Ring doorbell notification.

back to: Check source for vin, check email, check phone, repeat..

Ordered 12/1 white/white LRAWD 19" no FSD Carlsbad DC
No vin.
I have a similar config.I feel like the haven’t released very many cars with white seats. Even when I look at inventory they released, it all black seats. Hopefully soon we’ll get an update. I ordered 11/8, but changed my config on 11/27.

Got my delivery text earlier today:

Config: LR AWD - MSM - Black Interior - Aero wheels - No FSD
Order date: 11/18
VIN in source: 12/17
Delivery text: 12/18
Delivery date: 12/24

12/24 was my only option for delivery. Had a few time slots, but nothing before or after.