Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So disappointed had to cancel my lr awd white on white today. Was ordered on 11/15 with Home delivery to Louisiana. I have had contact with SA over the last two weeks, he was nice and seemed attentive but he didn’t know what he was doing or was too overloaded with work. I had been asking for my MVPA for the last two weeks with nothing, this evening I finally got a call from the delivery associate with my MVPA, unfortunately she said to have any possibility of taking delivery by the end if the year I would have to have my trade in packet as well as financing secured by 3pm tomorrow 12/20/19. My loan was pre approved but could never be finalized without MVPA, I had done everything else, had insurance on M3, had quote from CarMax that was approved. Unfortunately alliant credit union through Tesla would not finance the negative equity on my Jeep which is understandable - my issue is I cannot come up with the extra down payment in 12 hours. Had I had the MVPA a week ago it wouldn’t have been a problem. I could have continued with the process and taken delivery after the 1st if the year but I would have lost the federal tax credit of $1,875, and I would have had to wait until 2021 to get my state EV rebate of $2,000 for Louisiana. Oh well, hoping Tesla might reduce price to offset tax credit - regardless I will own a model 3 one day....

So after calling a few more times I found out that my account was "stuck" per a Tesla rep, due to me using a lender that was not in their system yet. Unblocked, have a vin and delivery set for Saturday 12/21! I'm so hyped I can barely stand it, 7 weeks of waiting!

Ordered: 10/31
Vin in source: 12/5 or so?
Issues worked out: 12/17

White/black no FSD

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
So disappointed had to cancel my lr awd white on white today. Was ordered on 11/15 with Home delivery to Louisiana. I have had contact with SA over the last two weeks, he was nice and seemed attentive but he didn’t know what he was doing or was too overloaded with work. I had been asking for my MVPA for the last two weeks with nothing, this evening I finally got a call from the delivery associate with my MVPA, unfortunately she said to have any possibility of taking delivery by the end if the year I would have to have my trade in packet as well as financing secured by 3pm tomorrow 12/20/19. My loan was pre approved but could never be finalized without MVPA, I had done everything else, had insurance on M3, had quote from CarMax that was approved. Unfortunately alliant credit union through Tesla would not finance the negative equity on my Jeep which is understandable - my issue is I cannot come up with the extra down payment in 12 hours. Had I had the MVPA a week ago it wouldn’t have been a problem. I could have continued with the process and taken delivery after the 1st if the year but I would have lost the federal tax credit of $1,875, and I would have had to wait until 2021 to get my state EV rebate of $2,000 for Louisiana. Oh well, hoping Tesla might reduce price to offset tax credit - regardless I will own a model 3 one day....

We took my car to Carmax and about an hour later walked out with a check. They are superfast. I guess I don’t understand.

Took delivery today in VA. Blue/White LR AWD/ Aero/ FSD. Ordered 10/11/19.

This morning my loan agreement showed up, but for some reason all of my loan terms got shuffled. 60 Months -> 72 Months, rate went from 2.89 to 3.49 (had a rate match previously) and down payment changed from what I'd originally wanted (I wanted to put more down than they had).

I showed up early (12:15) for a 1:30 appt to get it worked out before taking delivery, and it seemed like they were going to take care of it easily, but it ended up taking until after 3PM to actually get the car with the bulk of that just trying to get the right loan docs.

It looks great, I'm not someone who's checking every little detail though. I walked around, I looked inside and saw everything looked shiny and pretty. Once I got it home I noticed there's still quite a bit of plastic covering over chrome things that had yet to be removed. I was one of those people who had vacation plans for the holidays so I had to turn right around and get in my other car to head to a cruise port leaving my new baby alone in the garage. I won't be back before the 7 days is up so I guess I'm stuck with her :)

Really shiny car though, I stopped on the way home to enable auto steer and let it do most of the work on the way home.

Indoor garage charging picture for folks who like pictures. I needed to grab a picture before I left for a week so I'd have something to gawk at.
IMG_20191219_164850.jpg

Took delivery on 12/19 White/black LR AWD FSD at Buena Park. Original Order date 11/24, changed to LR from SR+ on 12/15, VIN match 12/17 (16 in source). Not busy at all in the evening I was there, the delivery associate was very nice and went over several features. Didn’t find any major defects but have time until odometer hits 100 miles to report any issues per associate.

Attachments

• 5C0CEA76-4A9B-41E6-9A15-E8A738303205.jpeg
    5C0CEA76-4A9B-41E6-9A15-E8A738303205.jpeg
    596 KB · Views: 46
Took delivery yesterday 12/19 in Bellevue WA (ordered white/white AWD LR FSD on 12/2)

Original appointment was at 3pm but once I arrived they pushed it out to 4, but ended up being about 4:30. It was pouring rain and dark out for the delivery so I could not inspect anything beforehand. Once I got home I noticed the dreaded panel gaps, but scheduled service to come out on Jan 2nd to fix them. The rear passenger door is really off and the trunk just about rubs against the bumper. See: Imgur

Otherwise it was uneventful. No front license plate installed (mount in frunk), came with floormats but not frunk or trunk mats (as expected), and came with charger and the adapter to use on my current level 2 EV charger.

This car is deceptively HUGE as well haha.

Carrier driver called this morning. He will be here tomorrow for home delivery. I can't complain about the time it has taken to get the car, though I know communication during the process left much to be desired. I ordered on 11/29, had a VIN within a few days, and paperwork completed this week. Total time to delivery from ordering - twenty-two days. Good job Tesla.

Totally agree! Way larger than I initially thought. In fact when I pulled it into our garage it was as long as my wife's Kia Sorento SUV:eek:

Deceptive is the word. The Cadilla XTS it replaces is longer overall, but interior room and cargo space almost the same. The M3 wheelbase is actually two inches longer than the Caddy. The Tesla looks smaller - more like a BMW 3 series.

Took delivery yesterday 12/19 in Bellevue WA (ordered white/white AWD LR FSD on 12/2)

Original appointment was at 3pm but once I arrived they pushed it out to 4, but ended up being about 4:30. It was pouring rain and dark out for the delivery so I could not inspect anything beforehand. Once I got home I noticed the dreaded panel gaps, but scheduled service to come out on Jan 2nd to fix them. The rear passenger door is really off and the trunk just about rubs against the bumper. See: Imgur

Otherwise it was uneventful. No front license plate installed (mount in frunk), came with floormats but not frunk or trunk mats (as expected), and came with charger and the adapter to use on my current level 2 EV charger.

This car is deceptively HUGE as well haha.

Mine was a home delivery in North Seattle this morning. Pouring rain for me as well. Haven't had a chance to inspect the exterior in any detail yet, but it's been fun driving it.
I have to say that the visibility is fantastic and really stands out in heavy rainy freeway driving. However the wiper blades suck. They are already starting to leave a residue on the windshield.