Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up the car, and found a few things not working already. The backup camera did not work and they were able to fix it on the spot by unplugging the battery and plugging it back in (as per the delivery guy). Voice control don't work at all, and cant login to spotify. Its raining like crazy here so all I did was drive it 14mi and park.

On 2/12 ordered LR AWD/white/black/18” aero/ no FSD. Website said 4-6 weeks. Received a text on 2/24 saying expect delivery in 4-6 weeks. No vin in source code. Anxiously waiting in CO.

Like everyone else here I’m looking forward to the day I don’t have to visit this thread for glimpses of hope.

Update
Just received a text saying my car will be built in the next 10 days. Anybody know if this timeframe has proven accurate or could it’s be done earlier?

Just got the 2-3 week to delivery text.

WA 2/8 order Blue/White/Aero

upload_2020-3-9_15-31-32.jpeg

still no VIN in source.

Update:
3/9 Text saying car is in transit and to set up delivery
3/19 Scheduled for pickup

I still don't have a VIN and my trade hasn't been finalized. Hopefully all that will come this week.

Nice. I ordered on 2/3 with the same config for pickup over in Rockville. Still no VIN or other movement despite a 2/24 text saying it'd be built within 2 weeks. Seems like it should be any day now to hear something... especially if they just produced a batch of that config.

Nice. I ordered on 2/3 with the same config for pickup over in Rockville. Still no VIN or other movement despite a 2/24 text saying it'd be built within 2 weeks. Seems like it should be any day now to hear something... especially if they just produced a batch of that config.

My SA just replied to an email I sent him last night saying I've been matched with a VIN, which he provided, and should hear from the delivery center soon. So that's good.

Timeline:
  • 2/13 ordered black/back 19" LR AWD FSD
  • 2/24 received delivery update text saying ready for delivery in 2-6 weeks
  • VIN in source 3/5
  • VIN in UI 3/7
  • Text to schedule delivery 3/7
  • Scheduled delivery for 3/10

UPDATE
Received an automated text from Tesla moving my delivery date to 3/11. Called the dealership in Salt Lake and was told the car is on the lot but there is a software issue with it that could take up to a week to fix before they can release the car. Received a call from my SA saying there is an issue with the car but he is not sure what it is or when it will be fixed but to ignore the delivery reschedule text as it most likely won't be ready by tomorrow.

I'm having serious second thoughts about the purchase at this point given how clunky the buying process has been and how abusive the Telsa-Owner relationship is.

UPDATE
Received an automated text from Tesla moving my delivery date to 3/11. Called the dealership in Salt Lake and was told the car is on the lot but there is a software issue with it that could take up to a week to fix before they can release the car. Received a call from my SA saying there is an issue with the car but he is not sure what it is or when it will be fixed but to ignore the delivery reschedule text as it most likely won't be ready by tomorrow.

I'm having serious second thoughts about the purchase at this point given how clunky the buying process has been and how abusive the Telsa-Owner relationship is.

software issue? that would be a hard NO for me

Reactions: usujason
UPDATE

New Delivery Date: 3/14
Reason: Unknown issue with the car