Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 28/7 in the UK. no word yet, but i am holding off signing the lending agreement till I offload my current car, as im not entirely sure how much im getting for it!

Tesla sales reps seem adamant this wont hold up the delivery date, but am still skeptical. Anyone else had a similar situation and got a delivery date ok?
In the US, it is best to hold off on the credit application until your car is ready and on the way, as the approval is only valid for 30 days and they will have to pull your credit again if you are waiting longer than that.

• Funny
Reactions: stlclint
My order is from 7/7 for a White/White LR AWD, no FSD, 18" wheels. Estimated delivery always said 4-8 weeks from time of order. I haven't heard anything from Tesla since placing the order.
I also haven't submitted for credit approval yet, as I read you should wait until you have a car assigned and a delivery date, and the credit approval might expire if you are waiting too long.
I had a call from Tesla today asking me to complete the credit application, so they could match me with a car. No word how far out I am from delivery yet. I completed the application and got 2.34% from chase

Hi All,

Congrats to those of you who received your LR Model 3s and those of you who ordered! I have a question. I'm getting some money next week which I'll use for a substantial down payment. Is it safe to order now considering that I'm doing a loan and the 3+ week lead time? In other words, how soon would someone be asking for my down payment? I figured I should be in the queue earlier than later.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Congrats to those of you who received your LR Model 3s and those of you who ordered! I have a question. I'm getting some money next week which I'll use for a substantial down payment. Is it safe to order now considering that I'm doing a loan and the 3+ week lead time? In other words, how soon would someone be asking for my down payment? I figured I should be in the queue earlier than later.

Thanks!

--UPDATE--

Can't edit post so here goes. I heard back from Tesla directly and they mentioned that I should just go ahead and order my Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD due to the lead time, and I just did! Very excited. Any tips while I wait?

Reactions: TimCMass
Hi, I’m new to the forum but I’ve been following along for some time now waiting like the rest of you guys!

Ordered a Model 3 Long Range in white with black interior with 18” aeros on 6/26 in Los Angeles and asked to take delivery August/September but submitted the loan application sooner since we were prepared sooner to take delivery. Approved for 2.49% 72 months with US BANK on the 23rd of July, still no VIN or updates on delivery. Received the same automated text message of 5-8 week delivery despite an earlier reservation! The wait is killing me, hopefully we’ll all get our delivery dates soon! Feels silly to have all accessories and even a key fob with no car

I called the Tesla office in Cincinnati today. After confirming that I initially (on June 2) asked for delivery in early 2021, and then changed it to ASAP (on July 17), they said that there's no VIN assigned to my order yet, but they expect a bunch of them in two to four weeks; it would then take two weeks to ship the car from the plant in Fremont. She concluded that at the latest, it would be the end of September

Okay, just dropped off my 2017 Malibu off today because my lease is over. Now me and my wife are sharing a vehicle until my Tesla is in my possession. Ordered 7/24, nothing new on the page yet, but if they wanna speed up my order, that would be kinda cool...lol. Come on Cinci!
Looks like we may have a long wait; I changed my order from Jan-Feb next year to ASAP on July 17. Cinci tells me that it may not be until the end of September.

I just got my text today from Tesla to complete my credit application, so I did. I should hear back next week. Anyone know my chances of securing a good rate? For Auto Loans, my FICO scores are between 700-730 depending on the bureau they pull from. Does anyone know which bureau Tesla uses for credit apps? Hopefully the text is good news.

I just got my text today from Tesla to complete my credit application, so I did. I should hear back next week. Anyone know my chances of securing a good rate? For Auto Loans, my FICO scores are between 700-730 depending on the bureau they pull from. Does anyone know which bureau Tesla uses for credit apps? Hopefully the text is good news.
Tesla doesn't do the credit. US Bank does it through Transunion. Unlike major auto manufacturers, Tesla doesn't have a lending company.

• Informative
Reactions: Spacep0d
Sounds solidly “acceptable”

--UPDATE--

Can't edit post so here goes. I heard back from Tesla directly and they mentioned that I should just go ahead and order my Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD due to the lead time, and I just did! Very excited. Any tips while I wait?
I placed my order (blue, black interior, LR, 18") on July 17th, so I'm approaching my 4th week in my 4-8 week estimated wait. In the meantime, I've been keeping a close hear to the message boards pertaining to order/delivery. I've also watched a ton of Youtube videos and Tesla Model 3 tips & features and saved them so that I can pull them back up after I get my car. Also, you might want to start looking at the more imperative accessories for the Model 3 and maybe place your orders now/soon (as they are sometimes low on inventory or take at least several weeks to deliver. I've ordered some essentials: car cover & floor mats; I ordered them 3 weeks ago and still waiting ... but I'm pretty certain I'll still get them before I get my car. All of the fun accessories, I'll start ordering once I have my car, like puddle lights and console wraps, etc. Along with Amazon, here are some popular ones: rpmtesla.com ; evannex.com ; tsportline.com ; electrek.co ; taptes.com.