Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Luton airport short stay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have seen that Luton Airport has destination chargers on level 2 but it also states that 30 minutes parking is reduced to £2 but how do you get the reduced price? Thanks

Ignore what I previously wrote.... From Luton airports website;

As part of the airport’s efforts to encourage sustainable methods of transport, drivers of electric vehicles will pay £2 for a drop-off or pick-up of up to 30 minutes by parking in the dedicated EV spaces on level 2, Terminal Car Park 1 and taking their parking ticket to the Priority Parking Office on the same floor to have their ticket validated. This reduction is available from the 1st August 2019.

Reactions: ringi and m3gt2
"As part of the airport’s efforts to encourage sustainable methods of transport, drivers of electric vehicles will pay £2 for a drop-off or pick-up of up to 30 minutes by parking in the dedicated EV spaces on level 2, Terminal Car Park 1 and taking their parking ticket to the Priority Parking Office on the same floor to have their ticket validated. This reduction is available from the 1st August 2019.

Note: This discount applies to 100% electric vehicles only, and not to hybrids. Stays beyond 30 minutes are not discounted, and the discount will not be applied to the first 30 minutes of a stay longer than this time. There is also a maximum of eight hours charging in the actual charging bays."

Reactions: m3gt2
It will be automatic - the barriers will read your registration on arrival and know what type of car you have - if not press the button on the pay station / exit barriers to talk to a human and they'll over ride it :)
Perfect, thanks for replying so quickly! Now my next task is making it to the terminal, back to the car and to the barrier in 30 minutes lol.

"As part of the airport’s efforts to encourage sustainable methods of transport, drivers of electric vehicles will pay £2 for a drop-off or pick-up of up to 30 minutes by parking in the dedicated EV spaces on level 2, Terminal Car Park 1 and taking their parking ticket to the Priority Parking Office on the same floor to have their ticket validated. This reduction is available from the 1st August 2019.

Note: This discount applies to 100% electric vehicles only, and not to hybrids. Stays beyond 30 minutes are not discounted, and the discount will not be applied to the first 30 minutes of a stay longer than this time. There is also a maximum of eight hours charging in the actual charging bays."
Ah, I missed that bit on the website, thank you for the quick reply.

Would be interesting if uber can give preference to electric car mini cabs who are in these parking spaces when a uber is booked on the app. If so then any electric uber could use these spaces to drop at the airport and remain in them waiting 30 minutes for their next job.