Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Frunk Clip Reinforcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone now where this is used for? It seems to be very fragile and can’t hold any pressure. Most likely it’s broken at a lot of Model 3’s ...

9ABADBAD-6E99-4B9B-B34A-16450D0A7299.jpeg

5BB71CCD-C6E5-41D6-9F65-649C59FA1F65.jpeg

Today I opened the frunk and removed the plastic cover for cleaning and just saw these items. There is one on each side.

It is called a “Frunk Clip Reinforcement”

M3 Frunk Clip Reinforcement - Tesla Lab

i can't tell where you pulled those from, from either the picture or the diagram. it looks like you already replied to the other thread asking about this part. if it really is a spacer, it's probably something that was added/engineered to prevent the trim from shifting and/or rattling.

Did you click on the link in the first post? From Tesla Lab, a detailed plan is visualized where it is exactly located.

Tesla service Center in R’dam answered that it didn’t have a function now only a support tool to hold plates.

Did you click on the link in the first post? From Tesla Lab, a detailed plan is visualized where it is exactly located.

Tesla service Center in R’dam answered that it didn’t have a function now only a support tool to hold plates.
yes i clicked the link. the diagram does not show me where the placement of the clip is (there are no arrows pointing to the location of install). we searched all over the barrier and liner and did not locate this clip. he believed that maybe the part has been updated since.

there were two "rotational spacers" under the top of the liner, near the windshield, but they did not resemble the item in your picture or the schematic.