Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Pricing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
2019 M3 AWD Long Range. Black interior, Blue exterior, Performance Boost installed,, FSD Beta, 67K miles, new tires 18 inch wheels, no curbing, car is in great condition.
Garaged, charged on 230V nearly all the time.
287 showing on 100% SOC
Market has changed, looking for a price option as a friend is interested?

Depends on where you are. Here in Orange County California, it’s about 30-35k at dealers tho I see private parties trying to get more. And. I have seen a few like this at the non big name dealers. Ie indies. Going for 26-29k

Refer to this recent thread for a lot of commentary and how NOT to price your Tesla. He/she has similar specs (performance boost and FSD) that makes the car hard to pin down. Yours is AWD while his is RWD. If you ask me personally, I'd say around $30-35k is reasonable due to recent new car price drops.

Heres a 2nd part.. most of my friends etc that are interested myself included are NOT interested in FSD at all.. it's not a feature.. its a liability due to all the noise about it and crashes etc..etc.. Auto pilot yes.. FSD no.. and things like Boost are a very limited customer. Things like a recent ceramic coating or PPF or a good tint job are more valuable. People know what that is.. New or nearly new tires are valuable. Given that a buyer can rent FSD for 199 a month, there is very little incentive to "buy" it as a premium on a used Tesla.

Heres a 2nd part.. most of my friends etc that are interested myself included are NOT interested in FSD at all.. it's not a feature.. its a liability due to all the noise about it and crashes etc..etc.. Auto pilot yes.. FSD no.. and things like Boost are a very limited customer. Things like a recent ceramic coating or PPF or a good tint job are more valuable. People know what that is.. New or nearly new tires are valuable. Given that a buyer can rent FSD for 199 a month, there is very little incentive to "buy" it as a premium on a used Tesla.
True that most aren't interested in those features, but some are. I'm not in the market but I'd gladly pay a $5k premium for a FSD+acceleration car vs a base AWD autopilot car if all else was equal. Wouldn't pay retail for the feature but it's def not worthless in my eyes.

Reactions: SteelClouds
Wouldn't pay retail for the feature but it's def not worthless in my eyes.
For the average consumer I've talked to at the various dealers, markets and water polo games :D. they dont care. IN talking to the local dealers, some are pretty honest after I make it clear what I'm looking for and why, they say that FSD has very little resale value in their world. They are loath to put down as a feature because if they do and Tesla deletes it, they are on the hook. So they tend to ignore it and just say the car is capable of FSD. Many of the dealers have added ceramic coating as a profit center.. ie.. you have to buy it with the car.. lets them advertise a cheap price then make up for it on the back end.. sometimes they say it in the fine print and often times not till you are filling out the paperwork. None of the dealers I talked to knew anything at all about CCS charging and if it was enabled or other goodies. World of difference in shopping for a used Tesla at a dealer vs private party.