Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 SR+ Drive Unit Warranty: Is yours shown as 100,000 miles or 120,000 miles?

M3 SR/SR+ Owner: Your Drive Unit Warranty shown 100,000 or 120,000 miles in vehicle detail page?

• 100,000 Miles (SR+)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 120,000 Miles (SR+)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • 100,000 Miles (SR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 120,000 Miles (SR)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi to all Tesla Owners! My M3 SR+ manufacture date is 03/19, black with autopilot, shows Battery and Drive Unit Warranty as "8 years or 120,000 miles, whichever comes first" in the vehicle detail page (see attached screenshots)

Question: Is there anyother SR+ / SR's vehicle page shows the warranty of battery and drive unit in their vehicle page as "8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first"?

Note that in the Tesla Support page, it shows the following:
  • Model 3 - 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.
Thanks!

2019-04-20 - screenshot.PNG
warranty.PNG

Interesting. That could be a mistake, and I don’t know how legally binding that would be. Can I assume your screenshot is from the Tesla.com page, manage, view details? And when you click on the actual legal document link that has an effective date, does it have the language that just long term is 120k and normal is only 100k? Take the screen shot and lock it away but again, I don’t know how legally binding a summary website like that is. Misleading perhaps.

In the end, and in court, what you signed upon delivery is legally binding, and I’m asssumig something in the delivery documents had the legal warranty definition and I’m going to assume it lines up with the legal document they link right on that page.