Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Sr+ Partial Premium Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen this mentioned in a couple of articles that if you ordered a model 3 with the premium interior that when the initial complimentary subscription for internet, satellite nav, etc runs out, there there will be a $100/year cost to have this provided. I was wondering, and couldn't find anywhere that would this future subscription also apply to those with the partial premium package? I would like to really have the streaming audio.

thanks,

but do you have internet browsing and streaming with yours? is it available as a separate subscription

this is slightly outdated:
Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity
No. As it mentions in the article you linked, the partial premium does not come with internet browsing, satellite maps or streaming media. I didn’t check/research about non-Tesla streaming media and was surprised to learn that XM isn’t even available by paid subscription. Major downside IMO.

Vehicle software updates are only available via wifi (I just had notification one is available today). As to your question about purchasing the subscription (available later this year according to the link) I have not heard or seen anything about it in the car or documentation. Nothing was mentioned at time of delivery. That being said it was about 5 mins of explaining about the car so not entirely surprising.

No. As it mentions in the article you linked, the partial premium does not come with internet browsing, satellite maps or streaming media. I didn’t check/research about non-Tesla streaming media and was surprised to learn that XM isn’t even available by paid subscription. Major downside IMO.

Vehicle software updates are only available via wifi (I just had notification one is available today). As to your question about purchasing the subscription (available later this year according to the link) I have not heard or seen anything about it in the car or documentation. Nothing was mentioned at time of delivery. That being said it was about 5 mins of explaining about the car so not entirely surprising.

While I'm on chat session about something else with Tesla Customer Service, I casually asked them about the maps/streaming subscription, they just simply saids "no I've never heard of it". I guess for now we will see if when it actually shows up on your page/screen.